Gender Specialist (Consultant), Independent Evaluation of the Georgia II STEM Higher Education Project , Georgia
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
This Evaluation will provide a rich analysis of project implementation, and provides lessons that can be valuable to the Georgian government in its objectives to improve STEM higher education quality, to MCC in future investments in tertiary education partnerships, to U.S. higher education institutions and associations, and to the international donor community more broadly. The evaluation will be outcome/impact oriented and focus on uncovering concrete evidence on what worked, challenges, and opportunities for improvement.
Period of Performance:
The consultancy will be intermittent over an estimated 60-month activity duration.
*Please note: This is a local consultancy. Only Georgian citizens will be considered. **
The gender specialist may be asked to provide sector-specific expertise as well as best practices on cross-cutting issues such as promoting women and girl leadership and empowerment; addressing gender-based educational disparities; constructively engaging of men and boys; addressing sector-specific needs of youth, sexual minorities, persons with disabilities, and other vulnerable populations. The Gender Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Providing applied experience in gender research and practices to the design of performance and impact evaluations;
- Providing inputs into Activity M&E plans, especially on the use of performance indicators and evaluations to reflect progress toward Gender Equality and Female Empowerment outcomes and impacts;
- Participating in evaluation teams tasked with assessing how well the Mission strategies, projects and activities address gender equality gaps;
- Providing support in applying knowledge of field tested gender analysis toolkits for relevant sector;
- At least five years of experience in international development, including experience and/or technical knowledge in conducting monitoring, evaluations, research, and/or assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate gender equality and female empowerment in creative and innovative ways in programming and measurement.
- Experience in providing small and large group training in gender integration at all levels of programming and reporting.
- Experience in designing and carrying out evaluations in the Higher Education sector, particularly with a strong understanding of Tertiary Education in Post-Soviet Countries.
- Experience with qualitative research methods, including focus groups and Key Informant Interviews.
- Experience with social and gender research, particularly in Georgia or Eastern Europe more broadly.
- Fluency in English and Advanced Proficiency in Georgian.
- Experience coordinating with developing country governments, ministries and/or local NGOs/CBOs for the design and implementation of impact evaluations, including addressing weaknesses as needed.
- Strong economic, statistics and econometrics skills, including experience with detailed, high-level data analysis and sampling.
- Experience designing and carrying out tracer studies.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting cost benefit analysis (CBA) in the Education sector particularly tertiary education, including expertise in methodology and estimation of the benefit and cost streams.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.