FHI 360 is currently recruiting for the position of Gender and Inclusion Specialist for the anticipated USAID/Ukraine Donbas Economic Prosperity Program (DEPP). The purpose of DEPP is to increase stability in Eastern Ukraine by facilitating an economic transformation in the Donbas in which new businesses develop in industries with growing prospects; old businesses direct their energies toward new and growing markets; the small business community expands and diversifies and has an active role in local policy formulation; citizens develop skills for the jobs of the future; and the economy of the Donbas is more closely integrated with the national economy of Ukraine.
The Gender and Inclusion Specialist will ensure that project activities effectively integrate gender considerations and mainstream vulnerable groups, such as women, IDPs, and persons with disabilities. The specialist will support the design and implementation of project activities that support economic empowerment of women and vulnerable groups. S/he will support project management with recommendations for improving processes to achieve objectives, will contribute to the overall adaptive programming approach, and will play a key role in project work planning, learning and reporting.
- Provide guidance to the Chief of Party and field staff on inclusion and gender issues across all program areas
- Conduct gender analysis at program outset and incorporate findings in work plan and baseline data for ongoing monitoring and learning purposes
- Develop and deliver training to program staff and relevant stakeholders on inclusion-related issues, tools and approaches, and conduct awareness raising initiatives
- Identify opportunities to improve women’s economic empowerment, including support for women-owned enterprises, non-traditional sectors for employment, and related activities
- Deliver technical assistance to stakeholders to build capacity around development of inclusive practices and policies
- Incorporate gender and inclusion approaches in all project activities, including research and data collection
- Work closely with field and HQ staff, including the COP, DCOP, and technical specialists to develop and implement appropriate messaging plans
- Develop annual project work plans in collaboration with field staff, and contribute inputs to all donor related reporting mechanisms
- Bachelor’s degree in in Gender Studies, Sociology, Anthropology, Political Science, Economics, or International Development; advanced degree preferred
- Experience in the workforce development field, with an understanding of issues that women and vulnerable groups face related to job creation, skills development, and unemployment
- Minimum of eight years of experience in program management and project design out of which five years in analyzing gender issues in the region are required, preferably in Ukraine
- Experience conducting gender assessments, collecting gender-related data, preparing gender analysis reports, and making sound recommendations on strategies and tools to integrate gender in project design and implementation
- Knowledge of international best practices on gender programing, project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and presentation skills
- Capacity to manage activities in a multi-cultural environment and provide consulting services to clients on gender-sensitive instruments for program implementation
- Fluency in Russian and/or Ukrainian is required
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.