ACDI/VOCA is promptly seeking a Gender, Youth and Social Dynamics Lead for the upcoming USAID Title II Development Food Security Activity (DFSA) in Kenya. The DFSA in Kenya is anticipated to be a multi-year project to address the underlying causes of chronic food insecurity. The activity will aim to sustainably reduce levels of acute malnutrition and increase food security in the most vulnerable households in northern Kenya. To achieve this, the ACDI/VOCA team will ensure the implementation of interventions designed to increase incomes, ensure access to nutritious food year-round, improve household nutrition and hygiene practices, and strengthen governance in communities affected by shocks and stresses.
The Gender, Youth, and Social Dynamics Lead, a member of senior management team, will play a critical role in ensuring that the social dimensions of malnutrition, food security, and community resilience are effectively addressed at all levels and across all activity components.
- Provide technical leadership and management in the programming and implementation of gender and youth integration across food security interventions
- Develop and deliver gender, youth and social inclusion-focused training sessions to ensure they are appropriately addressed in all project activities.
- In close collaboration with Strategic Learning Lead and M&E Lead ensure that gender, youth and social dynamics components are reflected in analysis, assessments, and adaptive management and learning strategies and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science discipline, gender studies or relevant filed required; master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 7 years of field experience at the community level required
- In-depth understanding of gender, age, and other locally significant socio-cultural factors in the context of food security programming required
- Demonstrated capacity to lead the collection, analysis, and utilization of information from a broad range of source required
- Proven skills in participatory learning and action and facilitating collaborative problem solving
- Ability to foster commitment and build capacity among activity staff and in-country actors to ensure gender and youth integration and empowerment
- Proven record of identifying and delivering capacity building initiatives required
- Successful experience in East Africa region required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English required
Kenya nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply directly online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.