Finance & Contracts Administrator - Job description
In our organization, Financial management is more than an administrative and control function. Sound financial management of development projects is a critical prerequisite for successful project delivery. Timely and precise financial data are an absolute requirement for effective decision-making as well as corrective action by the project management in order to enhance the prospects of timely completion within the planned project budget and scope of deliverables.
We are looking for a bright, professional and enthusiastic individual to join our Brussels Office as a Medior Accountant. You will be working within the Senior Accounting Manager, the Finance and Contracts Administrators within Finance and reporting to the Chief Finance and Administration Officer. Your key role is to ensure the General Ledger Accounting is performed accurately and to support the Senior Accounting Manager in her role fo ensure a proper application of legal accounting rules and standards for the finances of Transtec as well as various functions related to insurances, overheads and statistics.
More specifically the role will include, while not limited to the following tasks:
- prepare VAT declarations
- contribute to the internal financial reporting
- coordinate the preparation of financial audits and invoice audits
- provide advice on tax, legal and regulatory compliance, based on a monitoring of the Belgian regulatory context.
Bookkeeping and closing
- contribute actively to the quarterly and annual closings, initially on Fixed Assets Depreciation, G/L reconciliation, Budget Follow-up
- book all transactions appearing on the bank statements, including payment received from clients, check balance sheet accounts during the year related to payments and transfers
ERP Implementation and Change Management
The company is upgrading to the 2015 version of the ISO 9001 norm and will undertake a complete new IT systems implementation, based on an integrated Project and Accounting solution complemented with Business Intelligence and Document Management systems (Microsoft based).
Based on his/ her profile and experience, the candidate will be actively contributing in the team working on the definition and implementation of the new solution. In the meantime, he/she will perform daily accounting activities that will progressively be migrated in the new environment. This will also allow the person to get acquainted with Transtec’s culture, business model and operations.
Bank transfers and Cash payments
- suppliers and staff salaries, bank transfers to the local project accounts, manage the petty cash
- follow all queries with the bank concerning payments to suppliers
Cash & Treasury management:
- check that all project ‘local accounts’ have been received, checked and imported
- at short term, ensure that all accounts of Transtec maintain a positive balance, making transfers between accounts, or requesting use of the “Straight Loan” credit facility as necessary
- manage liquidity positions: as far as possible, when the bank balances and liquidity requirements allow, deposits on an interest-bearing account, manage the deposits on the interest-bearing account, either allowing them to become free or to re-deposit as required
- At term, elaborate and implement a Foreign Currency Policy to limit the exposure to Exchange rate variations in multiple currencies.
The role offers a mix of some regular administration, but our work is very varied, and the variety of our projects and contracts means that there is plenty of investigative and problem-solving work.
Profile - Required Skills & Competencies:
- Bachelor in Finance & Administration, specialization in Bookkeeping
- Being a Registered Accountant (eg at IPCF or IEC) is a plus
- Fluency in French and English
- Positive mindset, “Can do attitude”, willing to grow in the function
- Solid analytic capabilities on numbers, key performance indicators and accounting principles
- Organisational and planning capabilities
- Dynamic, flexible, open-minded, strong team player, resistant to stressful situations
- Key user Experience with an ERP (eg MS-Dynamics), ideally in an organization that manages projects.
- Strong skills in the Microsoft Office Suite, ideally with Office365 (Excel, Word, Outlook, OneNote, OneDrive, Teams).
- Good writing and communication skills
Relevant work experience: 10-12 years working in an accounting department, growing into various responsibilities.
Familiarity with development consulting and the rules and procedures of the main international donors would be an advantage. Experience working in a project or assignment based professional services firm will also be relevant
The successful applicant will be expected to work and live in Brussels.
We invite candidates with a professional expertise corresponding to the criteria here listed to send us their motivation letter in English and French and an updated CV in English as soon as possible, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank candidates in their interest in Transtec. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will be able to get back only to shortlisted candidates. Thank you in advance for your comprehension.
About the Organization
Transtec puts an emphasis on development processes, acting as a virtuous circle to reach the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Working with local actors and the international community, we deliver quality, context-driven development solutions across the intervention cycle - breaking poverty and building prosperous stable communities.
We are committed to making a difference by ensuring that aid effectiveness constitutes the single and most important focus in our interventions. This is achieved by incorporating Quality Assurance mechanisms at each phase of project and programme implementation and ensuring compliance with requested standards and expected results. In doing so, we build on our 30 years of Knowledge Management maintained by our personnel, projects, programmes and experiences.
We hence provide a full range of high level technical services in project and programme design and management, framework contracts, long term agreements management and cutting edge monitoring and evaluation solutions to multilateral partner organisations including the European Investment Bank, the United Nations (UNDEF, UNHCR, WFP, UNICEF, UNDP), the World Bank, the African Development Bank, and national official development agencies including the UK Department for International Development (DfID), the Belgian Technical Cooperation (BTC), the French Agency for Development (AFD), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), the Swedish International Development Cooperation (SIDA) and the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCA).
We are constantly searching for innovative and creative solutions that will support our interventions.