Pacific Island Food Revolution
Full time April 2019 – June 2020 (with potential to become ongoing)
Location: Home based with travel required throughout the Pacific region
AECOM is a global International Development service provider, operating in 113 countries, coordinated through the work of 2,000 corporate and project staff. AECOM deliver International Development services through dedicated practice areas, working with clients in the public and private sectors to achieve sustainable development outcomes through cost-effective, innovative and equitable activities.
The Pacific Island Food Revolution (PIFR) has initially been established and managed as a project by AECOM on behalf of donor partners DFAT’s innovationXchange and NZ MFAT. PIFR is designed as an initiative that combines entertainment, media and cuisine to create a groundswell of enthusiasm for indigenous foods, which have largely been displaced by low value convenience foods. The PIFR platform will be used to increase knowledge and understanding about nutritious healthy foods to help combat diet related NCD risk factors in Pacific Island nations through influencing change in Pacific Islander consumer behaviour related to food. The programme is being piloted in Fiji, Samoa, Tonga and Vanuatu.
We are currently seeking a General Manager to join our PIFR Management Team. You will be responsible for leading the process of establishing the PIFR Not-for-Profit entity including registration of the entity, establishment of the NFP Constitution, identification of Board Members and the development of PIFR business policies and procedures. The General Manager will be responsible for identifying and nurturing strong relationships with a range of private and public sector partners, regional organisations and donors both within the Pacific region, and internationally.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is commercially minded to lead a growing team that is delivering a totally new approach to behaviour change in the Pacific. The General Manager must have demonstrated commercial acumen, extensive development experience, strong networks across the Pacific and able to negotiate mutually beneficial sponsorship deals and identify and pursue revenue opportunities.
The General Manager will be expected to take a hands-on role in the execution of a strategy to shape the PIFR community into a movement that influences social change and creates impact. This will include managing inputs and contributions of a community of PIFR advocates, participants, team members, sub-contractors, and supporters who are engaged and invested in PIFR initiatives.
Essential knowledge, experience and competencies
- Relevant tertiary qualifications; Post Graduate qualifications preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing revenue strategies.
- Business expertise and commercial aptitude.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multi-country development programmes and working with donor organisations.
- Experience fostering relationships with large groups of stakeholders, as well as one-on-one with individuals, and experience bringing people together for a common purpose.
- Knowledge and experience working in the Pacific, including strong personal networks in both the public and private sectors.
- Demonstrated experience establishing systems and processes for effective business operations.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing a start-up or not-for-profit organisation through a period of rapid growth and development an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience working in diverse, cross-cultural environments.
- Core personal attributes required – team player, self-generative, organised, sound judgement, nimble, flexible, relatable, trustworthy, and empathetic.
Applications are encouraged immediately and will close 28th April 2019
To apply please click here:
AECOM is committed to child protection.
Appointment to this position is subject to a valid police check.
The Pacific Islands Food Revolution is jointly supported by Governments of Australia and New Zealand
About the Organization
Edit a Job | LinkedIn Recruiter
AECOM International Development
We’ve worked to promote quality of life and sustainable economic growth in developing nations for more than 60 years. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest International Development service providers, delivering solutions in over 100 countries.