ME&A is in search of a Geographical Information Systems Specialist (GIS Specialist) for the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (M&E&L) initiative in El Salvador.
The GIS Specialist will develop forward-thinking yet easy-to-use GIS tools, capabilities, and training that can integrate spatial information from multiple sources, design thematic maps, georeference data, and disseminate the results interactively using different resources: spatial database system, geographic data collection, data visualization and result dissemination. The GIS Specialist will be in charge of the preparation of maps using Geographical Information Systems (GIS) tools, conduct geocoding, evaluate geocoded data sets and create maps at different scales using multiple approaches, provide data analysis, computer programming, and administration of databases and technical systems, assist in the processing, cleaning and assurance of the quality of the data to be used for the preparation of printed and digital maps and collaborate with the M&E Specialist to compile the necessary data for the purpose of creating reports.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Education: Baccalaureate university degree in Social Sciences, Natural Resources, IT, or similar careers. Advanced degree preferred. Formal training in GIS is preferred.
- Language proficiency: Spanish Level V and English Level IV.
- Work experience:
- At least 5 years of proven experience in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), in geospatial analysis, as well as in the management of databases.
- Preferred to have at least two years of experience working with USAID-funded programs.
- Knowledge of quality standards of geospatial data, software programs and typical formats, and standards of databases.
- Solid knowledge of statistics and data visualization.
- Ability to analyze and interpret large databases.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, preferably Excel and Access.
- Excellent ability to work independently and as a team member.
If interested, please submit before July 1st, 2018, a resume in English with a cover letter outlining qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only finalists will be contacted. ME&A is an equal employment opportunity employer.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A implements the five-year Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (M&E&L) initiative for the USAID Mission in El Salvador. ME&A's team provides USAID/El Salvador and potentially other missions in the region continued performance monitoring, verification, GIS services and evaluation support to measure program impact, results and achievements.