Social Impact has been asked to conduct a Democracy, Human Rights and Governance (DRG) assessment for USAID/Georgia. This will be an assessment of the macro political-economy in Georgia in order to identify the primary challenges to, and opportunities for, democratization in Georgia. The team is also tasked with developing strategic and programmatic recommendations to address the core challenges to democratic development, the protection of human rights, and good governance in Georgia.
The scope of work will involve (1) an analysis of the country context and political direction of the country, including identifying relevant fragility dynamics to identify key DRG problems. (2) Examine the role of key actors and the institutions in which they operate and then identify opportunities (or lack thereof) for them to address key DRG problems. (3) Review U.S. and USAID interests and priorities in Georgia, including relevant assistance programs, resources, and comparative strengths. (4) Develop recommendations for strategy development and illustrative programming, which will serve as inputs to the development of the Mission new CDCS.
The estimated LOE for this project is 42 days, with a period of performance from May 2019 through August 2019 with fieldwork in late May/early June 2019.
SI is seeking an individual with Georgia DRG expertise to fulfill the role of the Country Expert on this assessment. The Country Expert will provide in-depth analysis of the political, economic and social barriers to democratic development and consolidation in Georgia. Tasks include supporting the desk review and development of a research plan and instruments; collecting and analyzing data; and producing draft and final reports as the main deliverable.
This is a part-time position reporting to the U.S.-based SI Technical Director and working closely with the SI management team, as well as other evaluation team members with DRG Assessment and logistical support expertise.
- Conduct a desk review of documents relevant to USAID and Georgia DRG research and programming
- Participate in developing the assessment design and data collection instruments
- Administer interviews with stakeholders in Georgia
- Contribute to the development of project deliverables, including the research plan, draft report, and final report
- Communicate project results to key stakeholders
- Master’s degree or higher in political science, international relations, social sciences, economics or any other relevant field
- At least five years of experience conducting DRG assessments, research and programming, including implementing various data collection and analysis approaches and methods and developing reports
- Experience working in Georgia and extensive knowledge of the DRG sector in Georgia.
- Strong professional written and verbal proficiency in English required.
- Experience effectively presenting findings and communicating with client, government, and non-government stakeholders.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to work independently to meet deadlines and adhere to high quality standards.
- Ability and willingness to travel in Georgia for fieldwork
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.