GIS and Data Visualization Specialist,
OBIRODH – Road to Tolerance, Dhaka, Bangladesh
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
USAI/Bangladesh Obirodh: Road to Tolerance Program will provide support to activities aimed at fostering an inclusive and tolerant Bangladesh. Its main office is in Dhaka.
**Please note: Only Bangladeshi citizens are eligible for this position.**
The GIS and Data Visualization Specialist will support the Obirodh team by producing GIS, data visualization, and cartographic products. S/he will be required to work effectively with the home office (HO) and other members of the team to create and maintain impactful visualizations.
This is a long-term position, based out of Dhaka.
- Create, maintain, and improve data visualizations and cartographic products in printed formats using technologies, such as ArcGIS, QGIS,
- Author custom reports including tabular, cartographic, and infographic elements.
- Perform GIS data quality control of field data. The process of quality control includes reviewing the data for completeness and accuracy, identifying, correcting errors or omissions in the data and insuring that the data is stored correctly in the project GIS database, including, correct coordinate projection and metadata.
- Generate all cartographic products and reports for various data calls, collected from project activities.
- Continuously design and produce innovate visualization products to illustrate program research findings and analysis to inform program strategy and grant design.
- Other duties, as necessary and assigned by the management.
- Bachelor’s degree in geographic information science, or other relevant discipline. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Three (3) years demonstrable work experience as a GIS, and/or MIS Specialist.
- Expertise with proprietary and open source GIS software including ArcGIS and QGIS.
- Excellent data management skills and experience working with datasets in multiple formats including shapefile, geodatabase, and
- Ability to produce high quality work under deadlines.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.