GIS/Information Management Specialist,
Monitoring & Evaluation Support Project (MESP), South Sudan
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP) provides USAID/South Sudan with flexible, demand-driven technical, analytic, advisory, training, monitoring, evaluation, and related support services for performance measurement, including assisting the Mission in complying with new requirements under USAID Forward. The project includes monitoring and evaluation technical support to the Mission for performance management at all levels, as well as support to assessments, analytical research, and related services required for new project designs, sector strategies, and broader strategic revisions.
Under the direct supervision of the deputy chief of party (DCOP), GIS/information management specialist will work closely with home office GIS staff.
- Create cartographic products using data collected for monitoring, evaluations, studies, and assessments.
- Compile geographic data from a variety of sources including censuses, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps and maintain the data in a geospatial database
- Analyze spatial data to incorporate into documents and reports.
- Provide support and recommendations to the implementation of GIS best practices on Monitoring and Evaluation Systems in place in coordination with home office GIS support.
- Meet with users to define data needs, project requirements, required outputs, or to develop GIS products in coordination with home office GIS support.
- Work with the TPMV Team to identify opportunities to integrate the use of mobile technology, and the collection of geo-location data.
- Prepare metadata and other documentation.
- Operate and maintain GIS system hardware and software.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the management.
- Degree in geography or related field.
- Three (3)-five (5) years experience conducting geospatial analysis, managing geospatial data, and cartographic production.
- Strong practical experience of ESRI’s ArcGIS Desktop and QGIS.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to produce high quality work under deadlines.
- Strong organizational, coordination, and interpersonal skills.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.