GIS Manager, USAID/Colombia Monitoring Evaluation and Learning project,
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The upcoming USAID/Colombia Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) contract will provide technical advisory services related to MEL to the USAID/Colombia mission. The overall purpose of this anticipated project is to facilitate informed program management decisions, shape the long-term strategic direction of programs and decision-making within the Mission, and enable USAID/Colombia to comply with USAID’s Evaluation Policy. The project will enhance the Mission’s MEL capability and to ensure empirical evidence for programming, learning, and adapting.
** This vacancy is open to Colombian nationals only **
The GIS manager will be the primary field-based GIS resource in support of the USAID MEL Project. S/he will be responsible for all cartographic and geospatial products produced by the program. The GIS manager will oversee a team of GIS staff engaged in production work, including data acquisition and cleaning, cartographic production, and geospatial analysis. S/he will be responsible for developing and enforcing map and data templates, standards, and workflows to ensure cartographic quality in close cooperation with MSI’s home office GIS staff. The manager should be involved in the local Colombian geospatial community, including Government of Colombia institutions, and be willing to work with local partners to improve GIS capacity.
- Interface with clients regarding geospatial needs and liaise with home office GIS support to design and implement solutions.
- Oversee a production GIS team focused on data collection, data cleaning, cartographic production, and geospatial analysis.
- Develop and enforce geospatial data standards focused on data collection, data cleaning, data storage, and cartographic products.
- Design quality control workflows for cartographic production.
- Coordinate with and train local partner organizations to increase their geospatial capacity and contribute to the local geospatial community.
- Bachelor’s degree in geography or a related field.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of professional experience in GIS, geospatial data management, and cartography.
- Expertise with ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, QGIS, and PostGIS.
- Strong cartography skills; experience with Adobe Illustrator a plus.
- Experience designing data collection and management solution, leveraging paper-based and mobile data collection systems.
- Understanding of Colombian GIS resources and the geospatial community.
- Previous experience managing geospatial production teams.
- Strong interest in international development and aid work.
- Fluency in Spanish and working knowledge of English required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.