GIS Specialist, Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), Benin II Off-Grid Electricity Access Evaluation , Benin
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
SI is planning to bid on an evaluation of the MCC Benin II Off-Grid Electricity Access Evaluation. The Off-Grid Electricity Access Project (OGEAP) ($46 million), with the objective of increasing access to electricity and thereby (A) increasing the hours of operation for businesses and public and social services, (B) reducing reliance on costlier sources of energy, (C) reducing losses of products and perishable goods, and (D) improving productivity for users of electricity. It is comprised of the Enabling Environment for Off-Grid Electricity and Off-Grid Clean Energy Facility (OCEF) activities.The period of performance for this evaluation is 8 months, plus 46 option months.
SI is seeking a GIS Specialist for the Benin II Off-Grid Electricity Access Evaluation. The Specialist will be responsible for providing support in producing visual maps of the impact areas, and spatial analysis of the project. This position will be located in Benin.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Beninese citizenship will be considered. **
- Determine what relevant GIS data is available and how existing or future GIS data can be used to inform the evaluation (Year 1).
- Develop a realistic proposal and costing for the use of GIS in the evaluation (Year 1).
- Facilitate the development, adoption, maintenance and use of information management systems that support project planning, monitoring, and evaluation and reporting.
- Assist with data collection, database management and production of program monitoring reports.
- Provide support to ensure the consistency of tools, sampling frameworks and methodologies used as well as timelines, reliability and accuracy of the monitoring and evaluation reports.
- Consolidate quantitative and qualitative project performance management and impact data.
- Contribute to drafting of process reports, maintenance of organized records of past activities, tracking of performance systems, and collection of periodic reporting documents.
- Undergraduate degree in GIS, geography, computer science, engineering, business, or related field required.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible, professional-level experience in monitoring and evaluation, data management, survey design, and GIS/information systems.
- Direct experience with MCC or other development projects in- country is preferable.
- Experience in Benin or West Africa required.
- Fluency in written and spoken English strongly preferred.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.