Global accounting support officer participates in a team of accounting experts that support country finance and administration teams. The Global Accounting Support team (GAS) is based in The Hague, the Netherlands. Currently, we are hiring for a medior Accounting Officer.
The focus of the accounting support team is to improve application of standardised accounting processes and systems relating to purchase to pay (PtP) process, Order to Cash Process (OtC) and support local and central Record to Report process (RtR).
The accounting support officers will support country finance and project teams with the implementation and execution of standardised financial accounting activities, improvement of execution of standard processes and improvement of data integrity and financial reporting. The team is also responsible for training and backstopping SNV’s global Finance team for improved financial transaction processing and accounting (continuous improvement).
The team is responsible for the process of preparing management accounts and financial data that provide accurate and timely financial and statistical information required. This also includes the consolidation of financial data in preparation of periodical management and statutory reporting.
Give guidance and support to the country organisations regarding accounting of primary processes and the reporting process. The reporting process includes the general ledger close, review of trial balances, review of project administration, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable analysis, analyse intercompany positions, bank/cash reconciliations and carry out data quality assessments and improvement initiatives.
Depending on the level of experience the incumbent will execute the accounting and periodic closing process and financial analysis independently or under the guidance of a senior colleague. If needed Accounting Officers give on-site support at project or country level. Senior Accounting Support officers should have the knowledge and experience to replace a Country Finance Manager on a temporary basis.
- Degree in finance, applied economics, commercial engineering or equivalent by relevant experience in finance;
- Minimum number of years of experience: 5 years
- Demonstrable experience in accounting or accounting support functions and with experience of periodical close and financial reporting processes;
- Solid accounting skills including understanding and hands on experience with OtC, PtP and RtR processes;
- Solid understanding of closing and reporting process;
- Good analytical and IT skills;
- Strong communication and articulation skills including advisory skills;
- Working experience with SAP R3 and/or Business by Design preferred;
- Fluency in English is required (fluency in French and/or Spanish is an added advantage);
- Willingness to travel 25%-30%;
- Pro-active and solution driven;
- Willingness to learn and to further develop accounting and advisory skills.
Contract Type: Employment
Contract Duration: 2 years with possibility of extension
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
How to Apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter before 20 March 2018.
About the Organization
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation, working in Agriculture, Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 30 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.