The Strengthening African Processors of Fortified Foods (SAPFF) program, a partnership between TechnoServe and Partners in Food Solutions (PFS), aims to develop the capacity and competitiveness of local food processing companies and promote good manufacturing practices. This includes improved compliance on national food fortification mandates in Nigeria, Tanzania and Kenya.
TechnoServe is seeking experts and specialists in several areas of food processing and marketing. The consultants will support the development and implementation of technical assistance projects for various clients in the food processing sector, primarily cereal milling (wheat flour and maize flour), edible oil refining, salt processing and Sugar refining. The consultants will be expected to work in close coordination with the client company to provide specific solutions to their business challenges.
TechnoServe is therefore seeking interest from professionals with extensive experience in one or more of the areas listed below:
- Conduction process and business audits and bottleneck analysis for process optimization
- Quality Management Systems including QAQC of Food Fortification and Food Safety
- Supply chain analysis and optimization
- Food/product marketing strategy development
- Training and capacity building related to food safety and quality, good manufacturing practices and business development
- New product development
- Food labeling
- Wheat flour milling
- Maize milling
- Salt processing
- Edible oil refining
- Sugar processing and refining
Time Frame Consultants will be engaged on a project need basis over the next 3 years with assignments in multiple locations. The assignments will include remote assistance projects where the consultants could work from their home base to some that may require field travel.
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 10 years of professional relevant experience in food processing and marketing with at least 7 years direct experience within large to medium sized private sector food enterprises.
- Master’s Degree in Food Technology and Processing, Process/Chemical Engineering, Food Science, Business Administration or related field. Experts with a Bachelor’s degree and extensive work experience may be considered.
- Experience in developing countries is preferred
- Exceptional organizational and communications skills
- Extensive experience in conducting factory or business audits and proven track record of delivering projects that have demonstrated results
- Must be fluent in English, knowledge of other local languages would be an asset
Deadline for application: Ongoing
We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants. Apply now by clicking the link.
About the Organization
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.