The QED Group is recruiting a policy director to act as Global Fund Private Sector Focal Point, a senior policy position with the primary responsibility to ensure the effective engagement and representation of the private sector on the board of directors of the leading global funding agency for AIDS, TB and Malaria.
The Focal Point will play a key role in ensuring that effective information flows both back and forth between the Board Member and Alternate Board Member, the constituency, and the Global Fund Secretariat. The Focal Point is also critical in ensuring the broader dispersion of information within the constituency, as well as to the processes of resource mobilization, policy development and outreach to new members and other constituencies. The capacity to take on these extensive responsibilities require qualified staff; developed relationships with groups working in partnership for all Global Fund areas of focus; knowledge and experience to support the Global Fund goals and a reliable communication infrastructure. These are core criteria for the selection of the Focal Point. The Focal Point represents the Private Sector Constituency broadly.
This is a part time position that will require approximately 30% time during the year especially around the dates of the Global Fund board meetings. This position will ideally be based in DC, but may be required to travel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensuring effective communications within the private sector delegation and orchestrating the active participation of the private sector to Global Fund board meeting
• Working with the Private Sector delegation leadership to advance policy and other board-level work in an efficient manner, while Liaising with other board delegations (including PLWA groups, NGOs and governments) and with the Global Fund Secretariat
• Supporting the active engagement of private sector on Global Fund Board Committees
• Develop the private sector delegation network and engagement globally
• Coordinate partnerships with other Geneva based institutions in support of private sector engagement
• 10+ years of experience with increasing responsibility in the Public Health field
• Solid knowledge of the Global Fund governance and operations
• Solid global health policy knowledge, with knowledge of key institutions and demonstrated policy analysis/ program expertise in global health programming and funding. Additional private sector experience in a management, consulting or communication function a plus. Experience in public-private partnerships preferred.
• Strong written and oral communication with solid relationship management and facilitation skills.
• Strong organizational abilities to manage the demands of a multifaceted position answering to a diverse constituency, and demonstrated capacity to establish and implement a structured workplan and meet milestones.
• Candidates must also be committed to the fight against HIV/AIDS, particularly in mobilizing business as a valued partner, and must demonstrate a positive, open attitude and a willingness to work hard in a fast-paced and changeable environment where team-work is essential to success.
To apply to this position, please submit an updated resume and cover letter by clicking the Apply Now link. Follow the application instructions. Applications submitted by other means will not be considered. Please note only finalists will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
For those unable to submit online,please send your résumé and cover letter by e-mail to Recruitment@QEDGroupLLC.com with "Global Fund Focal Point" in the subject line."
The QED Group, LLC is a growing international development consulting and management firm with practice areas in economic growth, democracy and governance, health, and knowledge management with experience in over 70 countries around the world.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/M/F/D