ICF seeks a senior Global Health Portfolio Lead to provide leadership for a portfolio of projects that are focused on initiatives to promote the health of global populations through research and evaluation of policy, systems, and programmatic interventions in developing countries.
Subject matter expertise in one or more public health areas such as HIV/AIDS, nutrition, or global health security, and a deep understanding of PEPFAR and/or the CDC’s global health mission and operation is essential. In addition, methodological expertise in one or more areas such as methodological evaluation design, quantitative analysis, qualitative analysis, economist mixed-methods and/or related fields. Primary leadership responsibilities include providing high level oversight to multiple projects, business development and strategic growth direction, senior technical and subject matter expertise, and staff management and support to sustain and grow ICF’s global health portfolio.
This is a full-time position based in Atlanta, GA. Global Health is one of 7 portfolios within Public Health.
- Provide thought leadership and strategic direction to staff and projects in the Global Health portfolio
- Manage and grow a diversified and sustainable portfolio of projects involving multiple clients, technical offerings, and services
- Provide technical and subject matter expertise for multiple large and/or complex proposals
- Ensure high quality products and services and client satisfaction
- Establish and sustain senior level client relationships and maintain a deep understanding of PEPFAR and CDC’s global health vision and operation
- Participate in supervising, mentoring, and development of staff
- Provide subject matter expertise and or methodological expertise
- Collaborate with other Public Health portfolio leads around project leadership, staffing, and business development
- Serve as a member of the Public Health Leadership team
- PhD in public health, psychology, economics or related social and/or behavioral science field with at least 10 years of relevant experience
- Proven working experience and leadership in project management in the international/global health arena
- Subject matter expertise in one or more public health areas such as HIV/AIDS, nutrition, or global health security,
- A deep understanding of PEPFAR and/or the CDC’s global health mission and operation is essential.
- Methodological expertise in one or more areas such as methodological evaluation design, quantitative analysis, qualitative analysis, economics, mixed-methods and/or related fields
- Demonstrated experience building and managing a portfolio of projects
- Demonstrated experience providing senior leadership to teams of staff
- Demonstrated experience working in a matrixed environment where staff members may support multiple projects and/or work across portfolios
- Fluency in multiple data collection methods, analytic approaches and designs
- At least five years of experience managing large and complex projects and groups of staff; prioritizing and managing competing deadlines, organizing and implementing multiple and overlapping tasks, and implementing quality assessment and control procedures.
- Experience managing multiple contracts involving activities in several countries simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience supporting Federal and other clients
- Demonstrated experience publishing in peer reviewed journals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Superior writing and editing skills, ability to create a cohesive narrative from the findings that answers the research/evaluation question and is targeted to the appropriate audience.
- Strong methodological and analytical skills are required.
- Strong leadership skills required.
About the Organization
If you want to work on the leading issues of the day, if you want your work to reflect your passion in life, if you truly want to make the world a better place, then you want to work at ICF.
Whether ensuring efficient use of energy resources, protecting the environment for generations to come, supporting cancer and HIV/AIDS patients and returning veterans, helping improve the education of American youth, delivering results in emergency preparedness, or breaking ground in any number of today’s issues, ICF works in the topics that lead the news.
We have a passionate commitment to our work and to helping our clients achieve their objectives. We combine technical expertise with world-class analytics. We provide room for entrepreneurial thinking and grass-roots innovation to achieve compelling results for both our clients’ projects and our own company. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals the latitude they need to perform work that parallels their passions. Since 1969, ICF has been serving government at all levels, major corporations, and multilateral institutions. More than 4,500 employees serve these clients worldwide. ICF's website is http://www.icf.com.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Come engage with us at icf.com.