The Global Health Solutions – University Outreach Intern will be part of the larger Global Health Solutions Data and Innovation team with a focus on university outreach and will play an essential role in the team’s building of a data visualization website. The University Outreach Intern will have a number of responsibilities within the Global Health Solutions team and the Intern will need to be able to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task between various projects. The general responsibilities include but are not limited to:
University Outreach and Relationship Management
- Management of US and international university relations and outreach
- Regular communication with university academic, administrative and student contacts including keeping them engaged and informed
- Coordination between universities and data viz specialists regarding trainings
- Coordination between international and US based universities
- Growth in the number and strength of University partners, and non-university private sector partners, including the ability to represent QED in these discussions.
Growth in Website Users and Contributors
- Contribution to the growth in the number of website contributors and users
- Coordination with university marketing and social media departments
- Coordination with the QED communications and marketing team
- Organization and management of special events and activities
Data Visualization Topics and Quality Assurance
- Collaboration with the Content Manager, Delhi based data hub team, and universities to ensure the quality and accuracy of all content produced
- Collaboration with the Content Manager and Data Visualization Fellow in building on the list of topics to be covered
Creating an Innovation Environment
- Promotion of an innovation culture including the management and organization of activities
- Staying up to date on relevant topics on innovation in international development
- Leading and supporting innovation campaigns
- Assisting in the discovery and tracking of new business opportunities
- Assisting in the research, writing and creation of business development proposals
- Master’s degree in international development, public health, data visualization, marketing, journalism, economics, business administration, or related field. In certain cases a Bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience will be accepted in lieu of a Master’s.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both in a team and as an individual
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new systems and technologies
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple assignments at one time.
- Experience in Tableau or data visualization preferred but not required
- Demonstrated interest and experience in international development.
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. QED has a 20 years history of evidence based development, which includes more than $3.5 billion in programs evaluated and work in 96 countries around the globe. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world.
The Director of Project Management is responsible for leading QED’s Project Management (PM) team and ensuring the successful implementation of all QED projects, including contractual, financial, and operational activities. The Director ensures that QED projects follow all applicable Company and client requirements, and continuously focuses on opportunities to improve internal operations and implement best practices. The Director of Project Management, reporting to the Executive Vice President, is a member of QED’s Management Committee and will work closely with other teams across the Company, including Finance & Accounting, Contracts & Compliance, Talent Acquisition, Human Resources, Communications, and Information Technology. The Director will also coordinate closely with the Technical Services team to ensure that all operational and technical elements of our programs are effectively managed. The Director will also coordinate with QED’s Business Development (BD) team to oversee the PM team’s support of BD activities.