PAE/Macfadden provides innovative solutions that enable our clients to rapidly respond to complex international disasters, develop and maintain critical government financial systems, and safeguard key government information systems. We offer a broad range of technical capabilities to solve complex program requirements – international program management and training, grants administration, geospatial information systems, information technology operations, financial systems, and helpdesk support. We partner with clients to protect the efficiency of America’s food supply, expedite medical breakthroughs, provide humanitarian aid to vulnerable populations around the world, develop and maintain critical government IT financial systems, and safeguard key government information systems. Headquartered in Falls Church, Virginia, we staff multiple client site operations worldwide.
PAE/Macfadden is recruiting to fill multiple positions for an anticipated USAID-funded global healthcare supply chain proposal. The anticipated project will work to improve the capacity of global health supply chains and enhance the ability of in-country supply chains to support end-user health commodity availability. The project is expected to support countries to build resilient and sustainable supply chains which deliver high quality, life-saving pharmaceuticals and medical supplies to support the highest possible level of health and quality of life for all its citizens. If awarded, the project will likely start in 2020.
We are seeking a Management Information Systems Director (MIS) for the Global Health Supply Chain proposal. This role is focused on supporting the development of logistics management information systems (LMIS) in countries as technical assistance.
- Overall responsibility for defining information systems technical support strategy for global health supply chain management program, which will include developing all country-level LMIS development/enhancement strategies;
- Provide technical leadership to teams defining LMIS requirements, adapting or developing information systems tools to meet requirements and deploying and maintaining such systems in line with USG and (if available) host country security, privacy and interoperability standards;
- Manage information systems technical support teams across all aspects of the systems development life cycle and ensure that all documentation is continuously developed and updated;
- Identify and manage all potential risks to information systems technical support activities and synchronize risk management plans with broader project plans;
- Engage with USAID information systems liaison to ensure consistency with government reporting, security, interoperability and visibility requirements and maintain open communications on all processes;
- Provide routine and ad-hoc updates to project leadership (and USAID, as required) on systems development and performance.
- Ideal educational qualifications and training include undergraduate and graduate degrees in a combination of information systems, public health, management, and/or data sciences;
- 10 years of experience defining, deploying and supporting LMIS for public health programs and supply chain management;
- 10 years of experience managing information systems design, development and technical support teams;
- Project Management Professional (or similar) certification strongly preferred;
- Experience with and/or knowledge of supply chain management systems required;
- Excellent communication, talent management and project management skills.
About the Organization
Macfadden is now part of PAE. Founded over 30 years ago, Macfadden has provided federal agencies with critical on-the-ground support to U.S. government humanitarian missions around the world as well as financial and IT system support. Through program management, human resources services, financial management systems support, information technology solutions, knowledge management, travel coordination and communications support, Macfadden enables effective U.S. government humanitarian response to international disasters. Macfadden’s workforce includes approximately 300 employees primarily located in the Washington, D.C. area.