Join the Media Platform for the Global Development Community
You: an ambitious recent college graduate who wants to leverage research skills and learn about the international development industry.
Us: a buzzed-about social enterprise committed to changing the world through our audience of one million aid workers and development professionals. An international organization founded at the Harvard Kennedy School, Devex is headquartered in Washington, DC, and has offices in Barcelona and Manila and reporters around the world.
Our diverse global team includes 100 web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. We cover the most important issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio to fighting climate change to ending poverty in our time, and professionals at NGOs like Save the Children, CARE, ONE, and the Gates Foundation rely on us to be in-the-know.
You will have an opportunity to grow and learn from sharp, committed colleagues, and be part of an innovative culture that’s low on bureaucracy and high on impact (and fun). Get to know us better by checking out our tumblr page.
Why this position is great for you:
- We work hand-in-hand with the top foundations, companies NGOs and aid agencies to help bring positive change around the world
- We support over 1,000 international development organizations to track relevant funding opportunities, hire the right technical talent to implement development projects and stay on top of the top trends impacting our industry
- We are continually striving to build new relationships and grow our membership globally
- We’re a young, dynamic company that’s growing fast and that has an open, collaborative culture
- Devex offers creative spaces, snack-filled fridges and all the espresso you can drink
- No bureaucracy here: you’ll get to own your work and will get the support you need
- Want to get ahead? We’re filled with stories of people who joined Devex and moved up, and up, and up. And that’s exactly what we’re looking for from you
What we need from you:
The main responsibilities of the Devex Membership Fellow are…
- Identify top NGOs, companies and individuals that are missing out on what Devex has to offer
- Research new organizations and engaging new users on Devex
- Schedule meetings or phone calls for the global membership team with prospective members
- Maintain detailed log of interactions with clients through regular use of SalesForce CRM
- Keep updated on current trends and happenings with the international aid community to better understand our clients’ needs
To fit well in this role you must be an energetic, personable and motivated individual with superb written, research and communication skills. You must also have…
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (international affairs, communications, business, etc.)
- Superior research and written communication skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and time-management focused
- Business-oriented with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong networking and client management skills
- Ability to set goals and meet deadlines
- Must have the ability to work independently, and as part of a global, multi-cultural team
- United States work authorization
Besides the basic requirements, here’s what we’d love to see…
- Familiarity with international development sector
- Prior marketing, sales or account management experience (working through college counts!)
- Previous experience using SalesForce CRM platform
Location: This is a full-time six month fellowship position based in our Washington, DC headquarters office.
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding & career opportunities so you can do more good for more people. Devexers live our mission, and bring their top-notch academic and professional credentials to work every day to change the world.