Macfadden, a PAE company, seeks a Global Policy Specialist to support USAID’s Office of Food for Peace (USAID/FFP). USAID/FFP is a U.S. Government office that provides life-saving food assistance and supports longer-term development activities that mitigate chronic food insecurity. The Global Policy Specialist will provide dedicated support to USAID/FFP’s Global Policy and Partnerships Team through a variety of tasks that facilitate the team’s engagement with UN agencies, non-governmental humanitarian partner organizations, and interagency and intra agency stakeholders.
Responsibilities of the Policy Specialist include but are not limited to the following:
- Draft talking points, briefing memos, and other documents that clearly convey USAID/FFP’s policy priorities and programs for a variety of audiences.
- Prepare senior USAID officials for high-level engagements with UN agencies and other international humanitarian stakeholders by drafting remarks and preparing briefing material.
- Review and provide analysis of UN agencies’ policy documents, guidance, and other materials.
- Coordinate closely with other U.S. Government offices, including within USAID and the Department of State, to message policy priorities.
- Participate in and take notes for meetings with interagency, intra agency, and international organization representatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in International Affairs or a related field.
- Minimum six years of professional experience, including internships with a Master’s degree or eight years with a Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated experience with international development and/or humanitarian assistance, with familiarity with humanitarian food assistance preferred.
- Familiarity with UN agencies preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to manage large and multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently but also function effectively as part of a team.
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored clearance.
To be considered for this position, you must submit a resume, writing sample, and cover letter. The writing sample must be an original piece, of no more than 350 words (include word count at the end of the sample) on a topic relevant to this position. Please submit these items as attachments to preserve formatting.
Only applications with a resume, writing sample and cover letter will be considered; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
About the Organization
Macfadden is now part of PAE. Founded over 30 years ago, Macfadden has provided federal agencies with critical on-the-ground support to U.S. government humanitarian missions around the world as well as financial and IT system support. Through program management, human resources services, financial management systems support, information technology solutions, knowledge management, travel coordination and communications support, Macfadden enables effective U.S. government humanitarian response to international disasters. Macfadden’s workforce includes approximately 300 employees primarily located in the Washington, D.C. area.