POSITION TITLE: Global Proposal Recruiter
LOCATION: Arlington, Virginia
UNIT: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Director, Talent Acquisition
Winrock seeks an energetic and talented Global Proposal Recruiter New Business activities related to Winrock’s key focus areas including agriculture and sustainability, private sector development natural resource management, anti-trafficking-in-persons (TIP), and child labor. The Global Proposal Recruiter will support proposal teams in identifying candidates for proposal development and project implementation, including: creative sourcing techniques; relationship management; developing and executing highly effective best practice sourcing. This position will report to the Director of Talent Acquisition.
- Lead recruitment of candidates for Winrock’s proposals to various donors, including screening applicants for posted positions, managing process of sharing candidates’ qualifications/CVs with proposal teams and technical units for review, communicating and managing relationship with candidates during the full cycle proposal recruitment process.
- Lead the full, life-cycle recruitment for long-term international project positions. Recruiting efforts include expatriate and third country national long-term staff, and short-term consultants as necessary.
- In compliance with Winrock’s HR Operating Policies and Procedures; deliver full-life cycle recruiting including candidate rosters, multiple sourcing strategies, phone screen and interview candidates, facilitate Winrock review and approval process, conduct reference and other background checks, and finalize offers as assigned to meet Time to Hire (TTH) targets.
- Develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with key global stakeholders internally and externally including country program staff, Regional HR Teams, Senior Leadership Team Members, Partners, Business Development Unit, Universities, peer agencies, and private sector to meet “Time to Hire” targets.
- Identify and deliver recommendations for creative social media initiatives, utilization of alternate sourcing, addressing cultural and national norm differences, etc. to improve meeting Winrock’s Talent Acquisition strategies.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Preparation of various recruitment documents such as recruitment calendar, staffing budgets, candidate/position tracker, salary justifications, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field or equivalent professional experience.
- 5-7 years of recruiting experience; demonstrated success in leading recruitment/talent acquisition in a global context with multiple stakeholders in remote locations.
- Previous experience leading proposal/new business recruitment in a donor funded environment; exposure working with US Government funded projects is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to create, implement, maintain and improve recruitment strategies and systems in a high-volume and fast paced context.
- Proven experience in recruiting senior level positions is required.
- Strong project management and organizational skills as well as interpersonal skills are necessary
- Ability to work in a fast paced/changing, deadline-oriented environment.
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems, job boards and social media to attract talent; (i.e., Taleo, Greenhouse, DevEx, DevAid, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Solid presentation and communication skills; ability to convey information effectively; solid experience providing training and staff development is a plus
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
- Exposure to interviewing techniques, knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment.
- Ability to identify and access new professional networks.
- Verbal and written communication skills in French, Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic would be an asset, though are not required.
About the Organization
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.