**Please note, this position can be based in San Diego, CA or Washington, DC**
The Global Recruiter (internally titled Global Talent Acquisition Specialist) will be responsible for supporting full lifecycle recruitment, the intern and fellow program, new hire relocation and orientation, among additional duties. He/she will assist in developing systems and tools to ensure top candidates are identified and recruited. In collaboration with the Global HR (GHR) team, he/she will help design and implement effective global HR practices, processes, and policies in talent acquisition to support organizational excellence and our “ONE PCI” culture. This position reports to the Manager, Global Talent Acquisition & HR.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Recruitment: International Office (IO), Project/Field, and Proposal Positions
- Partner with hiring managers to recruit new team members by identifying requirements and understanding business needs, developing a comprehensive recruitment strategy; determining the most appropriate and cost-effective method of recruitment, developing job description in collaboration with hiring manager (as needed), and creating job posting/advertisement
- Review and screen resumes, conduct initial screening interviews, establish interview processes and panels, and facilitate and moderate interviews as needed
- Work with the HR Assistant to advertise positions, schedule interviews and conduct background and reference checks
- Negotiate offers and finalize all employment terms and contracts in consultation with hiring managers and Manager, Global Talent Acquisition & HR
- Create and maintain a resource directory for field and IO job descriptions and position advertisement list
- Recruit for upcoming project proposal staffing needs as part of the proposal development team and make contingent offers
- In collaboration with Manager, Global Talent Acquisition & HR, regularly analyze recruitment process to identify roadblocks, new recruitment sources and tools, and redesign talent acquisition strategies, policies, and processes as needed
- Expand knowledge of the NGO and international development marketplace to ensure competitiveness in key personnel recommendations and hiring
- Assist with the development of the consultant database
- Help establish a cadre of vetted consultants who consider PCI a preferred client and regularly network with consultant cadre to maintain strong relationships
- Ensure that the international consultant database is kept current and user friendly
- Stay abreast of qualifications (skills, education, background) needed to respond to competitive proposals
- Assist hiring managers with advertising for consultants on PCI’s website and externally, as needed.
Intern & Fellow Program
- Lead this program and recruitment for all interns and fellows: identify requirements, source candidates and screen resumes; assist hiring managers with selection and onboarding; manage post-assignment assessment process
- Review and revise intern, fellow, and volunteer programs as necessary
- Provide guidance to intern and fellow managers on optimal ways to support successful assignments
New Hire Relocation & Onboarding
- Coordinate new hire work permit/visa process and relocation to post
- Create, deliver, and revise the New Hire Orientation process for all new IO employees
- Work with field HR leads to develop global New Hire Orientation toolkit.
- Initiate and facilitate the onboarding process within RedCarpet (PCI’s onboarding system), including follow-up with new hires, hiring managers and IT team on tasks
- Review and make recommendations for onboarding workflows in RedCarpet
- Conduct new-employee orientations at headquarters to ensure employees gain an understanding of benefits plans and enrollment provisions. Counsel employees (and potential employees/applicants) on plan provisions so individuals can make informed benefits decisions
- Review the 30 and 90-day feedback surveys received from employees and make recommendations for improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, organizational development, or a related field
- A minimum of four years’ experience in HR, three of which should be in talent acquisition
- English and Spanish fluency required
- Demonstrated success in recruitment of technical and international positions
- International development nonprofit recruitment experience preferred.
- Knowledge of proactive recruitment strategies
- Understanding and appreciation of socio-cultural differences, especially in low resource settings
- Experience with applicant tracking (SilkRoad suite experience a plus) and HRMS systems
- Organized and results-focused
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and make independent decisions
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate across global teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- A passion for the mission and values of PCI
About the Organization
PCI’s mission is to empower people to enhance health, end hunger and overcome hardship.
The most vulnerable people in the world will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future.
In 1961, a young doctor from San Diego volunteering at a Tijuana clinic saved the lives of two small children who were dying of pneumonia. This experience led Dr. James Turpin to found PCI and forever change the lives of millions of children and families around the world by providing health and hope to those most in need. Since then, the focus of the organization has remained true to its founder: PCI works in vulnerable communities to improve health and create long-term change by helping people help themselves. For 50 years, thousands of dedicated individuals and groups have worked to make this vision a reality.