*Preferred location: USA Home based. Other locations to be determined by the home country of the successfull candidate where WVI is registered to operate.
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 40,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Global Security Advisor, you will design and implement security structures for World Vision International (WVI) Disasters Managements (DM) - Humanitarian Emergency Affairs (HEA) response operations in medium to high risk conflict and fragile contexts in alignment with WVI security policies and procedures that will allow WVI to deliver humanitarian aid & relief programmes securely and in a timely manner while maximizing staff safety.
Secondary, when directed you will provide direct and indirect security support across the WVI partnership to include; security incident management and investigations, technical security advice and training, security context analysis, and crisis management.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in Security Management, Risk Management, Strategic Studies, International Relations or Emergency Management. (General Management studies also considered).
- Previous experience in the professional security arena (INGO, Corporate, Military, Law Enforcement, or Emergency Services).
- Sound knowledge of INGO security practices with proven experience in Security Risk Assessments (SRA), security planning and crises management in the humanitarian context.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel internationally up to 40% of the time.
- Must be prepared to travel to ‘high risk’ security environments at short notice.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 17 AUG 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.