Job DescriptionJob Description
SNV is seeking a Global Security Advisor responsible for the development and implementation of security and safety policies and procedures in order to ensure the safety and security of all SNV employees. This will involve, but is not limited to, promoting a culture of security, monitoring and analyzing security situations in SNV countries, and support to Country Directors and teams on development and implementation of Country Security Plans.
The Global Security Advisor will provide direct and indirect security support across the organisation including security incident management and investigations, technical security advice and training, security context analysis, and crisis management.
The Global Security Advisor has an advisory and compliance role vis-a- vis country teams.
He/she is committed to implementing and adhering to the highest standards of security and contingency planning to ensure the safety of all personnel.
- Policy owner of the SNV Security & Safety Policy and procedures ensuring the validity of emergency and contingency protocols;
- Monitors the security situation in the countries and regularly liaises with Country Security Officers or Country Security Focal Persons;
- Responsible for travel safety and security management;
- Analyzes and advises on security risks, incidents, threats or failures that may affect operations;
- Works with CDs to review and support in the development and update of Country Security Plans and their consistent implementation;
- Responsible for briefing the relevant management team in the event of a crisis and provide regular situation reports including identifying and proposing actions to be taken;
- Maintains an extensive network of contacts within INGOs, IOs and the security stakeholder community, participates in relevant (inter)national NGO security forums and network organisations;
- Responsible for the development and execution of training on security management topics across the organisation, including critical incident management;
- Ensures that (new) staff has the security awareness and skills that they need to be effective.
- (Proficiency level equivalent to) Degree in a relevant field required, at least Bachelor degree;
- At least five years of relevant experience in the field of safety and security for an international non-governmental organization;
- Experience in development and implementation of appropriate risk mitigation plans, policies, processes and technical controls;
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence across an organization with a track record of good written and verbal communication skills;
- Skills proven in negotiation and influence internal and external audiences and in difficult circumstances and under pressure;
- Fluent written and oral English and French is essential;
- An understanding of cultural differences and an ability to work in very diverse cultural contexts;
- Willing and able to travel to SNV operating countries.
Contract Type: Dutch Employment Contract,
Part-time (24 hours p/w)
Contract Duration: 1 year (with possibility of extension)
Expected Start Date: ASAP
Duty Station: The Hague, The Netherlands
Working at SNV:
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and international working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, a global network of experts.
How to Apply:
If you believe your credentials meet the profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and motivation letter by Friday, August 14, 2020.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement
About the Organization
SNV Netherlands Development is one of the largest Dutch not-for-profit development organisations with operations in more than 25 countries Asia, Africa and Latin America. SNV aims to lift up incomes and access to basic services. We make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty, helping them raise incomes and access basic services. Driven by the Sustainable Development Goals, we are dedicated to a society in which all people are free to pursue their own sustainable development, and no one is left behind. This commitment to equity directs us to focus on gender and youth.
We apply our know-how to deliver results at scale worldwide. We do this through our local presence and know-how to realise effective solutions and our specialised expertise on agriculture, energy, and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH). Our projects directly benefit millions of people. At the same time, projects drive systems change, which helps many more people work their way out of poverty, well beyond the scope of projects. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation, implementing our mission exclusively through project financing. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence every day.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: https://snv.org/