The Global Security Manager supports headquarters and field-based staff in differing threat environments around the world. This position reports to the Vice President of Operations and supervisors a two-person team handling travel and security matters. The position is based at U.S. Headquarters and requires overseas travel and 24/7 emergency response.
**Please note: U.S. work authorization and ability to hold a US Security Clearance are required for this position.**
- Ensures proper training of HQ & project staff, accountability and compliance measures to determine quality and absorption of training, and reports to senior leadership on training gaps and possible improvement measures.
- Coordinates security policy development and implementation.
- Provides briefings to senior leadership on all security-related matters.
- Leads crisis management response to all incidents that impact operations.
- Serves as point of contact for all shelter-in-place, relocation, and evacuation activities.
- Supports liaison with in-country U.S. government, United Nations, other diplomatic personnel, and NGO representatives regarding information sharing and evacuation activities.
- Supports post-incident analysis to determine mitigation strategies to reduce future incident frequency and impact.
- Supports the preparation of security plans for RFP submissions.
- Assists in developing country and/or program security infrastructure and prepares plans for an acceptable implementation strategy.
- Assists field staff in identifying, developing, implementing and maintaining security protocols and emergency response plans, including communication, business continuity, and evacuation plans.
- Conducts and documents security surveys to determine compliance.
- Coordinates with field leadership on all security-related matters.
- Ensure that field offices are implementing and adhering to security protocols.
- Accept other related responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6-8 years of relevant/direct experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience coordinating with OSAC and international development security colleagues.
- Overseas experience in post-conflict and/or high-risk environments.
- Experience designing and managing security aspects of developing projects.
- Experience with U.S. government funded programs preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with all levels of staff in a multicultural environment and to maintain a calm, reassuring, and objective attitude in all situations.
- Exceptional communication skills for explaining complex security concerns, policies, protocols, and procedures to senior management, employees, consultants, and local national staff.
- Proven ability to develop and implement shelter-in-place, relocation, and evacuation protocols and security training.
- Strong understanding of Hostile Environment Awareness Training.
- Ability to work within strict time, budget, and project deliverable constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to write in a clear, concise, well-organized manner.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, flexibility, resourcefulness, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks requiring a high degree of attention to detail with changing levels of priority.
- Ability to relate and maintain calm in high-stress situations and ability to respond to emergencies 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Technologically proficient including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel as well as travel-tracking platforms like ISOS or iJET, communication technologies like WhatsApp, Twitter, Skype, and satphones.
- Must be able and willing to travel overseas, including to high-threat areas, up to 35% annually.
- Fluency in English, written and oral. Abilities in Spanish, French, and/or Arabic preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.