CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.”
Are you excited about leading transformational change at an organization that impacts millions of lives globally?
CARE is seeking a Global Help Desk Manager who will be a critical part of the Digital User Advocacy team, driving digital transformation at CARE through the advocacy, support, and proactive engagement of our users - CARE USA’s 5,000+ staff in over 40 countries.
The responsibilities will stretch across the functions of the digital team; supporting users in getting seamless, personalized and guided help across all systems and hardware managed by Infrastructure, Applications, and Data Management. H/she will report to the Senior Director, User Advocacy and work together to ensure staff is advocated for, supported, proactively communicated with, listened to, and educated to achieve the highest level of excellence through their digital experiences at CARE.
This will be a significant shift in the prior approach to digital and technology at CARE, and along with the User Advocacy team, the Digital Support Specialist will have a major responsibility in actively influencing a cultural shift at CARE. This culture shift will not only be more digitally enabled, but will support CARE staff recognizing digital solutions as a strategic enabler in CARE’s approach to save lives, defeat poverty, and achieve social justice.
CARE is seeking a Global Help Desk Manager whose role will be specifically responsible for (1) managing and leading global support (help desk and knowledge base) for staff in addressing and resolving issues around their digital experience including systems and hardware, and delivering solutions in plain language (2) creating, implementing and continuously improving business processes to deliver reliable, knowledgeable, friendly, and timely user support (3) managing a ticketing system to ensure effective management and accountability, measuring the support team’s efforts, and ensuring meeting SLAs, (4) managing and coordinating a team of help desk technicians in delivering seamless support to end users across the organization
The Global Help Desk Manager will have excellent verbal and written communications skills, a positive attitude and well-developed patience, a strong sense of mission and values, proven experience delivering optimal customer support solutions, an eagerness to shape and lead a digital transformation at CARE, a strong sense of leading change through transparency and empowering others with knowledge, and the ability to quickly implement and communicate changes while still working through a larger vision and strategy.
- Provide consistent, personalized, reliable, and friendly support that will help guide staff through making the change to a higher level of digital expertise and achieving an excellent digital experience at CARE
- Provide 1:1 direct support via email, phone, in-person, and/or virtually as needed
- Work with the communications staff to help implement change management strategies and plans that maximize employee engagement in the digital transformation and adoption and usage of tools, systems and hardware to enable them to do their work without being inhibited by technology
- Oversee administration, support, and personalized assistance for digital tools, systems, and hardware to all staff
- Use engagement opportunities with staff to provide education through best practices, policy and guidance, and use cases for effectively using tools, systems and hardware that empower the CARE global workforce
- Build and maintain strong, trustworthy relationships with end-users
- Gather user feedback and report back to the Digital team so that it can be incorporated and acted on as needed to identify solutions, create training, instructions, policy/guidance
- Consistently advocate for the staff at CARE USA by having a thorough understanding of the digital operations, always ensuring a positive experience for end-users
- Work across the Digital team (Infrastructure, Applications, Data Management) to resolve issues and concerns for end-users in a timely and effective manner
- Ensure support efforts and execution strategically align with training functionality and communications
- Utilize multiple digital channels and opportunities to consistently interface with end-users and help shift the organizational culture to be engaged in the digital transformation by being available, reliable and responsive at all times
- Work with the training and support staff to increase user adoption by creating and implementing strategies to target high-needs users and key stakeholders as well as general users
- Provide backup support as needed to the Digital training team and communications staff
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent combination of education and work experience required
- 5+ years of customer support experience
- Previous experience developing customer support
- Demonstrated proficiency in communicating complex technical ideas in plain language to users both verbal and written
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise software help desk/ticketing system such as Zendesk, Salesforce, Microsoft Office 365, Skype
- Strong time management and organizational skills, detail-oriented and takes initiative to tackle challenges
- Meets deadlines and clearly communicates any deviations from the planned timeline
- Committed to working collaboratively with highly diverse teams, and many different types of people
- Ability to work quickly and patiently as part of a team
About the Organization
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. We place special focus on working alongside poor women because, equipped with the proper resources, women have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty. Women are at the heart of CARE's community-based efforts to improve basic education, prevent the spread of disease, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity and protect natural resources. CARE also delivers emergency aid to survivors of war and natural disasters, and helps people rebuild their lives.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.