Chemonics seeks a global supply chain director for the anticipated Global Fund Procurement Service Agents (PSA) tender. The program leverages health product sourcing strategies to negotiate best prices and delivery conditions with manufacturers and principal recipients in 60 countries to achieve greater health outcomes in communities around the world. The global supply chain director will lead a team responsible for client relations, order placement, sourcing, order fulfillment, commodity storage, transportation, supplier management, quality assurance, planning, analytics, and optimization. In addition, the global supply chain director will ensure that all staff coordinate, collaborate, and communicate with other PSA departments and staff as well as client and external stakeholder staff working in those functional areas. The global supply chain director will be the primary point of contact for Global Fund and major stakeholders for matters specific to the tender. This position will be located in a to-be-determined city in Europe. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and management of targeted local procurement of commodities, as required by principal recipients
- Represent PSA in regular interactions with the Global Fund and external stakeholders to ensure excellent coordination, collaboration, and information exchange
- Supervise the global supply chain deputy director with direct responsibility for the following functional areas: client relations, order fulfillment, commodity storage, transportation tenders, supplier management, quality assurance, planning, analytics, and optimization
- Regularly monitor and assess the structure and performance of the PSA tender and lead the redesign and process improvement initiatives
- Participate in PSA strategic and tactical planning activities, including the creation of global work plans
- Contribute to ensuring the quality of processes, policies, procedures, work aids, and work instructions created to guide work carried out under PSA
- Liaise with members of the PSA consortium to oversee country program implementation as well as subcontractor relationships.
- Develop overall program strategies and oversee the allocation of subcontractor resources
- Supervise the heads of procurement, logistics, and client account management
- Ensure contract compliance, timely implementation, and overall performance of the PSA tenders
- Review deliverables to ensure they meet technical quality standards
- Master’s degree in management, international development, or public health preferred; in lieu of a master’s degree, a bachelor’s degree in the aforementioned fields and an additional five years of work experience beyond the 12 required may be considered
- Minimum of 12 years of related work experience in pharmaceuticals and medical supplies or global or large-scale supply chains
- Familiarity with Global Fund or USAID operations, including knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation system (FAR) preferred
- Relevant experience working in developing countries; knowledge of Global Fund and other donor procurement regulations preferred
- Experience leading large teams, including staff located outside of the United States
- Experience in matrix work environments
- Relevant experience working in supply chain operations grounded in continual improvement, operational efficiency and optimization, client tender, and use of analytics
- Experience with supply chain management information systems
- Demonstrated ability to work directly with senior leaders and managers representing clients, governments, subcontractors, and other global collaborating stakeholder organizations
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills; proven diplomatic and public relations skills
- Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of four to eight weeks per year.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required; fluency in a second language preferred
Please send an email with an electronic version of your CV and cover letter attached and “Global Supply Chain Director” in the subject line to DirectorPSArecruit@chemonics.com by June 30, 2018. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.