Governance Helpdesk Overview
Abt Associates is now implementing the DFAT Governance Helpdesk which is designed to ensure DFAT staff have access to expert advice on all aspects of governance investments.
The objectives of the Helpdesk are to:
- Give DFAT staff access to high quality advice to strengthen the Australian development program’s impact.
- Provide advice within a 1 – 5 day time frame. Tasking will vary but will likely focus on governance investment quality assurance processes, reviewing initial concepts, advising on designs, providing input to assessments, peer reviewing for quality purposes and other similar requests.
Panel experts must:
1. Have advanced theoretical and applied-knowledge of their fields, including understanding global trends and contemporary research. Categories of expertise are listed below.
2. Have a strong understanding of, and preferably experience with, working on the Australian development program and a working knowledge of development issues in the Indo-Pacific.
3. Be experienced in providing advice to donors on governance policy and programming.
4. Be available at short notice for inputs ranging from 0.5 – 5 days over the next 12 months.
5. Fit within Abt’s set daily rates (information to be shared with shortlisted applicants).
Priority Categories of Expertise
DFAT have specified eight priority categories, listed below. For further details of indicative services under each category please refer to the attachment on our careers page.
1. Applied Governance and Political-Economy Evidence and Analysis
2. Security, Justice and Human Rights
3. Accountable and Inclusive Politics
4. Public Sector Governance, Service Delivery and Sub-national Governance (intergovernmental fiscal relations)
5. Inclusive Growth and Economic Development
6. Public Financial Management and Domestic Revenue Mobilisation
7. Anti-Corruption and Integrity
8. Fragility and Conflict
· Applicants identified as suitable will be contacted and a series of due diligence activities will be completed. Once all due diligence has been completed to a satisfactory standard, communications will be issued formalising appointment to the panel.
· Appointment to the panel does not constitute as a commitment of engagement.
· Rates are fixed – there will be no negotiating for any individual above these rates.
Expressions of Interests should be made online via our dedicated careers website. Please include:
- Current CV
- Response to the above criteria and priority categories of expertise
- Indication of daily rate
- Rough availability over the next 12 months (acknowledging availability is fluid)
Application Closing Date: Midnight Sunday 16th May (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applications; however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Abt’s Commitment to Inclusion
Abt Associates is committed to creating a lasting culture of equity, diversity and inclusion. We recognise that in order to achieve full participation, our practices must be free of prejudice, discrimination, and bias that result in inequitable outcomes. We are actively working to advance equity for everyone, and while we still have much work to do, we know that racial and cultural diversity are an asset to our business and the communities where we live and serve. Our ongoing commitment is focused on creating business practices that advance racial and social equity, investments in community impact programs for the benefit of Black, Indigenous, and people of colour, and expand upon project work related to racial equity and social justice. Equal preference will be given to women, men, Indigenous Australian and Papua New Guinean applicants, those from the Pacific, Asia and Africa, and those from diverse backgrounds.