Global Communities seeks an experienced consultant to conduct a progress analysis and review of its 5-year USAID funded program DOBRE (Decentralization Offering Better Results and Efficiency). This review will result in detailed recommendations for the program implementation with particular focus on scale up of program results beyond the current 75 partner CCs. The consultant will report to the Deputy Chief Of Party.
We anticipate that the length of the assignment will be up to 45 days beginning on March 15th and ending on June 15th.
Location of Assignment: Remote with a three week field visit to Ukraine.
The purpose of this assessment is to review the progress DOBRE has made, capture the key results and suggest strategies for the program to scale up its successful governance models beyond the 75 partner communities and 7 target Oblasts. DOBRE plans to incorporate the recommendations from this assessment into its annual work plans for years 4 and 5.
The objectives for this assessment are as follows:
* Define the most successful local governance models introduced by the program and determine how well they are embedded in partner communities’ practices;
* Develop recommendations for strategies for scale up for the program activities
All Applicants must submit a cover letter that includes a proposed approach to this assignment, including research, field work, and report development.
The consultant will provide the following list of deliverables:
Assessment design and a detailed work plan to be approved by Global Communities (including methodology, tools, report structure, timeline and budget)
A draft report
Final report with the overview of how comments were incorporated in the final report
Presentation of the key findings for program staff.
Possibly additional deliverables will be defined in the contract
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Knowledge of relevant context and experience working in Ukraine and/or Eastern European countries.
* Superior communication skills in English
* Experience working on or evaluating USAID governance programs
* Strong analytical skills
* Expertise in local governance and government reform
* Advanced university degree in international development, or other relevant field preferred.
* Experience working on USAID governance programs
* Demonstrated experience with similar tasks (USAID program evaluations is preferred)
* Language requirement: Fluency in oral and written English is required; Ukrainian is preferred
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.