Chemonics seeks a governance specialist for the anticipated Department for International Development (DFID)-funded Punjab Education Program (PEP). PEP supports the government of Punjab, Pakistan to deliver equitable access to better quality education through a range of interventions, including technical assistance to improve program delivery, capacity building to support institutional development, and policy reform. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Lead a small team of technical personnel aimed at improving education governance in Punjab, including public and private school management and public-sector financial management
- Provide technical governance knowledge and leadership
- Coordinate with relevant government personnel and work closely with other technical staff to ensure consistency with project aims
- Mid-level professional experience in the education sector in Pakistan or similar contexts at a minimum
- Advanced degree in education, political science, or another relevant field
- Experience in school management, public-sector financial management, public-private partnership models, and field-office staff management
- Experience liaising with government officials and vulnerable groups, including women, children, and individuals with disabilities
- Prior experience with DFID-funded projects preferred
- Sector-specific experience in Punjab highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in governance of both public and private sector
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
Please submit your CV and cover letter using the form at https://ChemonicsUK.formstack.com/forms/punjab_governance_specialist by October 10, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.