World Vision East Africa Regional Office, Nairobi- Kenya
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 40,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Government and Protocol /Liaison Advisor, you will act as the primary support to the Regional Leader, in facilitating, organizing, managing, maintaining and coordinating efficient systems of communication with government, international organizations, NGO’s and civil societies on the issues pertaining to humanitarian diplomacy and protocol services to position World Vision International as a diplomatic entity. You will also provide coordinated engagement with East Africa Regional (EAR) Office, World Vision Somalia and World Vision Kenya on management of all diplomatic engagements and functions and acts as the liaison between the three WV entities and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and other government departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Diplomacy, Political Science or Public Relations or related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a public relations/protocol role.
- Understanding of international and East Africa political environments.
- Knowledge on global policy priorities.
- Knowledge of protocol in a governmental or international organization including experience of working with the Host Government.
- High proficiency in in written and verbal communication in English.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 22 AUG 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.