To manage the provision of government relations services to ensure that all staff are legally compliant across numerous HR administrative areas including employment, housing and transportation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversees Government Relations Services by facilitating the relationship between IDB, (its staff and their eligible dependents) and government services including the acquisition of visitor visas, labor permits, residence permits and all other related functions such as corrections, deletions, renewals, and extension of visas.
- Follows up on above matters with the Customs unit and all other relevant government entities with due regard to timeliness, security and respect for the rules/ laws of relevant countries.
- Provides Service for Emergency Cases on a 24/7 basis to all IDB Staff members and their families
- Provides protocol and airport services to Management and VIP guests regarding dignitaries who need to be received at the airport or transported to/ from the airport and/ or other premises.
- Develops and disseminates the knowledge base and inventory of best practices regarding the unit’s functions.
- Develops key results targets and performance indicators (KPIs) related to strategy and the operational plans of the unit
Qualifications / Experience:
- Coordinates provision of advisory services and technical guidance in matters related to government relations and protocol services to IDB organizational units.
- Provides motivational and inspirational leadership for the unit, and communicates to direct reports clear performance expectations.
- Manages the performance and resources of the unit through delegation of responsibility, setting stretch objectives and providing regular feedback on results at a unit level, promptly addressing areas of underperformance.
- Monitors and assesses the skills and capabilities of the unit, and determines the actions needed to increase the unit’s impact.
- Supports filling in key capability gaps of teams through capacity development and recruiting efforts.
- Coaches, mentors and develops the direct reports and the top talent/high potential staff.
- Acts as a role-model to communicate to the unit’s staff IDB’s values and leadership competencies and provides direction and support in times of change
- Master’s degree Business Administration/ Public Relations/ Marketing or related discipline (Required)
- 7+ years of experience in liaising and maintaining relations with senior government authorities
- 2+ years of managerial/ supervisory experience
- Fluent in oral and written Arabic language - Required
- Fluent in oral and written English language - Required
- Fluent in oral and written French language - Preferred
- Job will be based in IDB’s headquarters in Jeddah, KSA
- Travel as needed