Our Academy exists to educate and support the children of our long-term volunteers.
Come help ensure our students are getting
the best and most unique education available!
Minimum 2-year commitment
About the role:
The Grade 4 & 5 Class Teacher provides an engaging classroom within a multi-cultural and community-centered environment for learning and growing with children ages nine to eleven.
As a flexible individual, the Grade 4 & 5 Class Teacher provides instruction through the lens of a Christian worldview to students on a vast array of subjects. In addition, as an autonomous teacher, there is room to plan adventurous outings with your students!
What you’ll contribute:
- Create and deliver developmentally appropriate lesson plans for math, language arts, Bible, science, social studies, and life skills
- Contribute to school rhythms, such as: staff meetings, student progress meetings, parent meetings, and professional development reading groups
- Maintain records of each students’ progress throughout the year with summative and formative assessment
- Demonstrate a readiness to help when needed with projects and events in the school
- Exemplify professionalism in and ability to prioritize your assignments and duties
- Ability to live in and contribute to community life, requiring stable and healthy interpersonal skills
For this role, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in elementary education from an accredited college or university
- Two years classroom teaching experience is preferred
- Current teaching certificate is required
- Completion of Mercy Ships On Boarding Program will be required
- Successful completion of the Child Safety Screening Process, which includes background / criminal records check
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required. Possess aptitude for learning new computer applications