World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Grant Acquisition Management (GAM) Manager, you will provide leadership in grant acquisition for World Vision Central African Republic (CAR), enhance capacity and positioning of World Vision for acquiring & managing bi & multi-lateral grants and private funds, build a high-impact grant portfolio, and meet donor and World Vision grant implementation and accountability standards.
Your core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning, coordinating, overseeing and implementing the development of the GAM strategy and business plans.
- Leading and managing the Response Office Resource Development Unit to drive growth and diversification of grant income (bilateral, multilateral, foundations, GIK non-food items) in accordance with the Response Office Resource Development Strategy.
- Providing strategic business intelligence to proactively identify new opportunities for Grant resources, in line with the strategic priorities of the Response Office
- Advanced degree in International Development, International Relations, Rural Development, Business Management or any relevant Social Sciences, technical studies and/or 8+ years of experience in emergency response, development programming, and/or fragile contexts.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in grant acquisition and/or grant management, especially in in complex/protracted emergencies, recovery operations, fragile contexts (preferred).
- Experienced networker with strong skills in donor relations, negotiations and partnering with up to date knowledge of the donor landscape and trends in the humanitarian sector.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of project management with government and multilateral agencies grant-funded projects and experience of grant compliance procedures for major bilateral and multilateral donors.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 01 FEB 2021. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.