Foxhound Partners, Inc. is seeking an exceptional Grant Administration candidate for its client CRDF Global based in Arlington, VA to join the organization’s dedicated team of internationally-focused staff as they work to support universities, governments and other institutions around the world to safeguard their laboratories and facilities, enabling training and conferences focused on global health and security, and facilitating multilateral research partnerships and activities focused on creating a safer, more productive world. S/he will be responsible for the daily management of a portfolio of assistance activities, ensuring that those activities uphold the organization’s policy and best practices in all aspects of grant/sub-grant implementation. Daily tasks include: processing incoming award requests, issuance of grant/sub-grant awards, reviewing payment requests, monitoring awardee performance and maintaining project files. The work involves maintaining strong relationships with internal and external clients and an adherence to established policies and procedures.
S/he is required to have a basic knowledge of the principles, concepts, and methodology of grant/sub-grant implementation, and demonstrated skill in applying this knowledge in carrying out assignments, operations, and procedures. While specific guidelines are available, the position requires judgment in interpreting and adapting guidelines, policies, regulations and precedents for application to specific projects. S/he will have signature authority over grant/sub-grant payments.
This headquarters based full-time position features excellent benefits, commitment to work/life balance, and supportive team-focused organizational culture.
- Oversee a portfolio of assistance activities to include preparing implementation plans, coordinating with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring grantee/sub-grantee compliance, and comprehensive financial monitoring
- Provide high-quality, timely support to internal and external clients
- Address routine financial and administrative issues that occur during the course of a project
- Seek supervisory guidance and support for non-routine issues or exceptions
- Support other projects and staff as required
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree with minimum two (2) years’ work experience
- Minimum two (2) years’ field-related experience (finance, U.S. government financial assistance/procurement, or project management)
- Demonstrated customer service experience and effective communication skills
- Experience with MS Excel and/or preparation of financial reports
- Strong critical thinking and analysis, planning and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to adapt quickly to new challenges
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- U.S. work authorization
- Familiarity with U.S. procurement regulations, including FAR
- Field-specific training or certifications
- Experience working with international partners
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references (with contact information).
About the Organization
Founded in 1995, CRDF Global is an independent nonprofit organization that promotes international scientific and technical collaboration through grants, technical resources, training, and services. Based in Arlington, Virginia with offices in the Eurasia and MENA regions, CRDF Global works with more than 40 countries in the Middle East, North Africa, Eurasia, and Asia. We specialize in bringing isolated scientific communities into the scientific mainstream through a variety of science engagement and capacity-building programs. CRDF Global encourages science cooperation between countries where official relations are strained.
CRDF Global believes that the world’s scientists and innovators must work together to help solve today’s global challenges in such areas as global health; nuclear, biological and chemical security, and water, food, energy nexus. Through collaboration, scientists and innovators also enhance international understanding that can help to improve relations between countries. Our distinction lies in our ability to offer programs that empower grantees at every stage of science and tech innovation combined with our deep understanding of international grant and financial management processes.
Vision Statement: Our world healthy, safe, and sustainable
Mission Statement: Promoting safety, security, and sustainability through science and innovation
- Collaboration: Underpinning everything that we do is the belief that shared knowledge, practices, and ideas are necessary to address the world’s most pressing issues.
- Innovation: We think differently. Our best work is achieved by seeking new approaches and delivering successful and long-lasting solutions.
- Dedication: Yesterday, today, and tomorrow – we are committed to promoting safety, security, and sustainability through science and innovation and will pursue the right opportunities to ensure that our mission is achieved.
- Integrity: We are proud to operate under the highest ethical standards and to nurture an organizational culture of transparency, accuracy, and respect.
- Excellence: We are driven by a commitment to do great work with a desire to exceed the expectations of our community.