World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 37,500 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Grant Finance Manager – UNDP Project, Mozambique, you will be responsible for the financial, compliance and risk management of the UNDP funded project to support the most vulnerable populations in the targeted areas of Mozambique affected by cyclone Idai and Kenneth. You will lead financial management of the grant supporting the accomplishment of the grant’s objectives as outlined in the proposal. You will have principal responsibility for the representation financial reports of the project to the donor, consortium leadership, World Vision Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and other key stakeholders. Other key responsibilities include budget monitoring and control, sub-grantee management, including ensuring their timely financial reporting, funding and cash flow management, audit facilitation, grant documentation reviews and finance policy implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance.
- Relevant professional experience in financial management.
- Demonstrated understanding of the NGO sector, public sector accounting.
- 4-6 years of experience focused in the management of grants finance.
- Demonstrated past experience managing grant finance for UNDP funded projects and regulations.
- Grant Finance Management certification, especially US Cash Grant Management.
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely in writing or verbally, with excellent written and spoken English.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 10% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 03 JUL 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.