Chemonics seeks a grants manager for the anticipated USAID-funded Papua New Guinea Electrification Partnership (PEP) Activity. The activity aims to contribute to the goal of connecting 70 percent of Papua New Guinea’s population to electric service by 2030. The grants manager will play a key role in the management of grants and subcontracts to local organizations in our effort to strengthen electric company capacity, develop viable off-grid electrification models, enhance the country’s energy regulator, and catalyze private investment for energy projects. The position will be based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Lead the concept development and execution of local grants and subcontracts, working with the Operations Manager, home office contracts department, and consultants to develop the RFPs and RFQs to ensure the project meets its deliverables
- Coordinate project procurements, in full compliance with all applicable USAID rules and regulations and Chemonics’ internal policies and procedures
- Manage and administer a sizeable and complex array of subcontracts and subgrants, ensuring deliverables are being met
- Provide technical and administrative support to local sub-grantees and subcontractors to effectively manage grants
- Establish and maintain a filing system for archiving all relevant administrative, contractual, and personnel documentation
- Mentor field-office staff on the award and close-out processes associated with grants and subcontracts
- Degree in project management, business administration, public administration, or another relevant field
- At least 5 years of experience in grants management, with experience in U.S. government energy sector grants management preferred
- Demonstrated record of achieving results in grants management with international development programs
- Demonstrated success working on programs of similar magnitude and complexity,
- Ability to collaborate with various teams and communicate effectively
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills a must
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and high levels of professionalism
- Strong spreadsheet/word processing skills including advanced budgeting skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills in English, both verbal and written
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached to PNGRecruit@chemonics.com and “Grants Manager – PNG Electrification Partnership Activity” in the subject line by October 25, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted, and we will interview candidates on a rolling basis.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. The EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice is available at: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.