Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the core values in their day to day operations.
The Grants Accountant is responsible for maintaining project/job tracking and financial reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration. CPA a plus.
- Three years’ experience in an accounting role.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team while also working effectively independently with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of applicable federal government circulars (2 CFR 200).
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting software similar in scope to Deltek Costpoint and JAMIS Prime.
- Ability to be detail-oriented and highly organized.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Oversees of cost allocations for field offices and headquarters.
- Responsible for financial reporting, including preparation of SF-425s and other award-specific financial reports.
- Creates new awards in JAMIS Prime throughout each month and assists with historical data uploads.
- Manages award close-outs.
- Reviews Balance Sheet for account reconciliations and adjustments.
- Oversight of general ledger with involvement in reconciliation and resolution process.
- Review and approve bank reconciliations.
- Provides audit support related to documentation requests, analysis, reconciliations, explanations, and ledger support.
- Assists all billing and receivables for Federal and non-Federal awards.
- Assists with cash flow management in consultation with the accounts payable team.
- Serves as back up for Billing Accountant.
- Performs other accounting tasks, as assigned.
- Monitors fixed assets for correctness.
About the Organization
IRI is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization committed to advancing freedom and democracy worldwide by helping political parties to become more issue-based and responsive, assisting citizens to participate in government planning, and working to increase the role of marginalized groups in the political process – including women and youth.