TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With five decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
The Grants and Contracts office manages and supports donor awards, procurements and subawards, and other donor compliance issues, from pre-proposal stage through award close-out for global operations from our Washington, DC, headquarters. The team lies within the Office of the Chief Financial Officer along with International Accounting, Planning and Budgeting, as well as Internal Audit. The Grants and Contracts staff coordinates and communicates internally and externally to support TechnoServe’s global network. The Grants and Contracts Analyst will provide in-depth support to our Southern Africa Region.
As Grants and Contracts Analyst you will:
- Support proposal teams by coordinating inputs required for financial proposals including review and approval of proposal budgets; provide support and training to program staff on TNS budget templates, cost strategies including indirect cost recovery and best practices in budgeting.
- Review and negotiate newly awarded contracts, grants and cooperative agreements and disseminate and train operations and country staff on donor compliance issues.
- Prepare or review requests for donor approvals and modifications such as no-cost extensions, changes in key personnel, changes in scope of work and/or program add-ons, and budget realignments.
- Develop training materials and build capacity of operations and country staff in award management and donor policies and procedures; develop templates and checklists for country staff.
- Review and approve procurements for goods and services contracts/Purchase Orders (POs). Train field staff on TechnoServe Procurement Regulations and Procedures.
- Develop and/or review sub-agreements in accordance with prime agreements and their respective flow down provisions. Provide training and guidelines to program staff on subrecipient monitoring and donor regulations and compliance issues.
- Monitor award close out process and assist program/country staff in collecting necessary close out documents in accordance with TechnoServe and donor regulations. Develop donor specific close plans for use by country staff.
- Maintain information on Southern Africa awards in TNS grants and contracts database.
- Other duties as required.
You will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field, with at least three years of specific experience in contracts/grants administration with institutional donors such as USAID, USDA, foundations, corporations, and other multilateral donors.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of USAID, USDA and other US Government acquisition and assistance administrative regulations such as 22 CFR 228, 2 CFR 200 and other OMB circulars. Certificate in Federal Contract Management a plus.
- Strong subgrant/subcontract management skills.
- Strong budgeting and MS Excel skills.
- Strong organizational skills and a capacity to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines with high level of attention to detail.
- Independent judgment and strong decision making skills required, with limited supervision.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Portuguese language desirable
We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants. Click “Apply Now” to complete a short application and upload your resume and cover letter. Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications. No phone calls, please.
Please note that we are considering applicants at both a Grade 8 and Grade 9 level and salary will be commensurate with the selected candidate’s experience.
About the Organization
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.