The Grants and Contracts Manager (Awards Manager) helps lead global support for award and procurement management including contracts, grants and cooperative agreements from a diverse set of funders including the U.S. government agencies, foreign governments, and private sectors. Develops, supports and recommends improvements to award related work flows and helps implement systems to strengthen Winrock’s overall understanding of and compliance with award terms and conditions as well as applicable regulations and WI policy. Develops training, guidance documents, and other tools. Supervises select Awards Management staff if necessary.
• Provides contractual/regulatory guidance and identifies training needs to ensure award functions are implemented consistently across the global organization
• At project start-up carries out a thorough review of the contract, explains terms and conditions to Program Team, provides a Notice of New Award
• Coordinates with contracts and program staff to develop, analyze, revise, amend, review and support negotiations of contract documents, including, contracts, grants, cooperative agreements and subawards.
• Reviews subawards and modifications as assigned, notifies Associate Director of problems and risks, and takes the lead in researching disputes concerning contractual issues.
• Reviews assigned documents prior to signature and ensure the best possible terms for Winrock International
• Visits field offices to assess management of grants and procurements, support system strengthening and build capacity of staff.
• Remains current on changes within the industry through resource sites, publications, and continuing education, and provides training and refresher sessions on pertinent topics.
• Provides guidance and advice to program staff on compliance issues and questions and interpretation of contract terms and conditions and or donor rules and regulations with minimum intervention from managers
• Develops and delivers training, tools, and other guidance documents
• Supervises select Award Management staff if assigned.
• Liaises between technical, contractual, finance and management personnel of the project
• Takes initiative and provides creative solutions to complex contractual/compliance problems. Works with senior representatives from other departments on organization-wide initiatives and issues
• Drafts for review departmental policies and best practices.
• Projects a cooperative attitude, maintains high ethical standards of integrity; respects confidentiality in representing Winrock International to ensure a professional representation at all times
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
BS/BA in Business Administration, International Affairs, English, or related field with minimum 7 years relevant experience in a business setting or work in a regulatory environment. OR MS/MA/MBA with minimum 5 years relevant experience
• Work experience must include at least three years of experience in grants AND contracts operations
• Extensive knowledge of US Government grant and contract management regulations such as 2 CFR 200, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and AIDAR; experience with USAID, USDA, and/or DOL required
• Previous training development and delivery experience strongly preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills including writing, editing and proof-reading in English required; Proficiency in French highly preferred.
• Demonstrated strong organizational skills, including workflow management, coordinating a variety of tasks simultaneously and demonstrating flexibility.
• Ability to manage priorities while maintaining attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment; Attention to detail; team player.
• Demonstrated management experience; ability to adhere to the highest level of ethical standards at all times; ability to multi-task and prioritize competing tasks while ensuring quality output.
• Ability to communicate policies and interpret regulations to provide clear guidance
About the Organization
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.