Grants and Contracts (G&C) Manager is responsible for the overall contractual management of program sub-awards and subcontracts. This includes managing and monitoring of expenses for the MCSP sub-awardees (including partner organizations) and ensuring that all contractual documents comply with USAID and Jhpiego’s rules and regulations. In addition, this position serves as a subject-matter-expert in the areas of standard provisions and policies and procedures governing non-governmental and governmental contracts, awards, grants, bi-laterals, MOU, sub-agreements, and leases. Also prepares all required documents related to Program Sponsors approvals related to sub-awards, waivers, and procurement. Maintains good relationships with Program Sponsors and sub-awardees on all contractual and procurement matters.
Grants and Contracts Manager will supervise junior-level G&C staff.
- Review and ensure completeness of pre-award due diligence and related required documentation
- Draft sub-award and sub-contract agreements, Technical Service Contracts, and modifications as required
- Prepare and submit contractual documents for approval to Program Sponsors including prior approvals, procurement, and waivers
- Modify sub-awards as required to reflect updates/changes in budgets, obligations, and Sponsor/JHU/Jhpiego regulations and reporting requirements.
- Ensure proper close-out of awards, sub-awards and subcontracts
- Coordinate and maintain documentation for award compliance such as environmental, Institutional Review Board, Open Data Policy, and other regulations
- Analyze contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and Jhpiego/JHU policies and procedures
- Interpret policy and regulations for contracts and awards that require specific certifications
- Advise Jhpiego local offices on sub-award compliance, management, and monitoring
- Liaise with sub-recipients on a regular basis regarding contractual, financial and operational issues
- Provide exceptional, timely customer service in all dealings with internal and external customers
- Cultivate professional relationship with USAID Agreement Officer and Representatives to ensure timely approvals
- Will supervise junior-level G&C staff.
Core Competencies: will have working knowledge of JHU-specific systems, or will become competent within 6 months from date of hire.
- COEUS – Familiarity and working knowledge of the JHU COEUS system
- JAWS – Familiarity and working knowledge of JHURA JAWS system for new awards and modifications.
- SWiFT - Familiarity and working knowledge of JHURA SWiFT system for new subawards and modifications.
- Electronic Data Management - Familiarity and working knowledge of EDM system for routing and processing of all contractual documents.
- SAP – Familiarity and basic knowledge of the SAP system, basic competencies in order to ensure that JHU has the correct information on all awards (ceiling, obligation, IONs. etc.).
- Financial Management Report (FMR) – Familiarity and working knowledge in using the FMR.
Other Required Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelors in Finance, Economics, Business or a related field
- Extensive contractual and financial management experience, with at least ten years at a mid-management level, working with USAID, CDC, DOD and other international donor agencies
- Five years related financial/accounting and finance management experience required; 7 years financial or cost management experience with multi-office and multi-national international development organization preferred
- 3-4 years’ experience supervising and mentoring G&C teams
- Knowledge of cost accounting methods and practices applicable to management of private and federal monies
- Experience development of policies, procedures and systems relative to finance and accounting practices
- Demonstrates leadership and management style that works in cooperation with others who represent a wide range of interests and needs
- Experience with international, non-profit organizations (larger than $10M), as well as a multi-office, multi-national environment
- Experience with Project Management tools to manage large projects efficiently and effectively
- Advanced knowledge of post-award process
- Strong understanding and interpretation of, CFRs (Code of Federal Regulations), and FARs (Federal Acquisition Regulations)
- Strong understanding of international contracts and cooperative agreements including their relevant terms, conditions and the differences between them
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, read analytically and write well and fluently
- Demonstrated ability to work with professionals at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated high-level skills in planning, organizing and managing multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and exercise independent judgement
- Ability to work in a fast-paced complex team environment with multiple projects/tasks, short deadlines, competing deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to thrive in environment of changing deadlines and priorities
- Strong decision making skills and results-oriented approach
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and a real team player
- Excellent organizational, presentation and verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Highly organized with attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Comfortable with a team approach to management and the ability to manage several major activities simultaneously
- Excellent general management skills particularly in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage several major activities simultaneously
- Proficiency in MS Office, financial software applications and reporting packages
- Knowledge of database management, HTML and SharePoint
- Knowledge of database functions and abilities, in particular invoice payments using SAP
- Project Management Program Certification
- Knowledge of Jhpiego and JHU contracting and procurement policy
- Prior experience training staff
About the Organization
Jhpiego is an international, nonprofit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For more than 42 years and in over 155 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families.
Jhpiego works with health experts, governments and community leaders to ensure high-quality health care for their people. Jhpiego develops strategies to help countries care for themselves by training competent health care workers, strengthening health systems and improving delivery of care.
Jhpiego designs innovative, effective and low-cost health care solutions to ensure a level of care for women and their families. These practical, evidence-based interventions are breaking down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations.
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Please apply at: www.jobs-jhpeigo.icims.com
Applicants must submit a single document for upload to include: cover letter, resume, references, and salary history.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
JHU is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer