Creative Associates International (Creative Associates) is implementing the USAID/West Africa’s program Partnerships for Peace (P4P). The five-year program will partner and consult with stakeholders at the regional, national, and sub-national level across several West African countries, to develop a shared foundational understanding of counter violent extremism (CVE) in the region. The findings will improve institutional capacity of organizations and governments to implement more effective and coordinated CVE approaches.
To lead and support the implementation of Partnerships for Peace, Creative Associates seeks to engage a highly qualified and motivated team. All positions are full time and require a willingness to travel. Creative Associates is especially interested in receiving submissions from women applicants. Only qualified candidates who follow the application instructions will be contacted.
Creative Associates seeks a Grants & Database Manager for the USAID Partnerships for Peace (P4P) Program in Accra, Ghana. The Grants & Database Manager will provide oversight of the grants management process in all project countries. The Grants Manager will serve as the principal point of contact and Manager for Grant Administration. S/he will be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient management of grants administration.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Grants & Database Manager will report to the Chief of Party.
The Grants & Database Manager will have principal responsibility for:
- Providing oversight to grantee selection process, conducting vetting and preparing grantee documentation;
- Overseeing implementation of grants from pre-award to post-award stages;
- Ensuring compliance with Creative’s grants policies as detailed in the Field Manual and the project’s Grants Manual;
- Leading the grants management team to serve as a central point of grant activity coordination and facilitation;
- Coordinating the issuance of awards and maintaining contract documentation through the development and upkeep of a small grants database; and
- Preparing scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses regarding the small grants program.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in management, financial analysis, accounting or relevant subject area required;
- At least six (6) years’ general work experience preferably in West Africa; minimum of four years managing grants;
- Speaking, writing and reading fluency in English and French required;
- Understanding of budget and cost control management essential;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects;
- Ability to analyze technical and cost proposals and prepare reports and recommendations on whether applicants should be funded;
- Ability to analyze budget line items for compliance with budget guidelines;
- Experience working on USAID programs with a small grants component preferred; and
- Willingness to travel throughout West Africa, particularly in Francophone countries.
Local and regional candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.