Creative Associates International (Creative Associates) is implementing the USAID/West Africa’s program Partnerships for Peace (P4P). The five-year program will partner and consult with stakeholders at the regional, national, and sub-national level across several West African countries, to develop a shared foundational understanding of counter violent extremism (CVE) in the region. The findings will improve institutional capacity of organizations and governments to implement more effective and coordinated CVE approaches.
Creative Associates seeks a Grants & Database Manager for the USAID Partnerships for Peace (P4P) Program to be based in Accra, Ghana. The Grants & Database Manager will provide oversight of the grants pre and post award processes in all four project countries.
This position is available in Ghana, Burkina Faso, Mauritania, Niger, or Chad. Work authorization for one of the aforementioned countries is required, and relocation assistance will not be provided.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Grants & Database Manager will report to the Chief of Party.
The Grants & Database Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Managing grants pre and post award processes for all four project countries;
- Preparing key grants documents such as Requests for Applications, Annual Program Statements, grant agreements and negotiation memos;
- Providing oversight of grantee selection process;
- Reviewing grantee budgets for reasonableness, allowability, and allocability;
- Conducting negotiations with potential grantees, as needed;
- Conducting vetting and pre-award financial capability assessments of selected candidates;
- Developing and executing grant agreements after appropriate approvals have been obtained;
- Overseeing kickoff meetings and monitoring grants implementation;
- Providing guidance to grantees, as needed;
- Preparing presentations and facilitating grants trainings for pre-applicant conferences, grant kick-off meetings, P4P staff trainings and other needs as they arise;
- Ensuring that each grants file is complete;
- Ensuring compliance with Creative’s grants policies as detailed in the Field Manual and the project’s Grants Manual;
- Ensuring that grants database is updated regularly;
- Supervising between 1-2 grants staff;
- Preparing reports and analyses regarding the grants program, as required by management; and
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Prior grants management experience working on USAID programs required;
- At least six (6) years’ general work experience preferably in West Africa; minimum of four years managing grants;
- Project management experience highly desirable;
- Strong writing and analytical skills desired;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and develop strong working relationships with grantees;
- Speaking, writing and reading fluency in French required; high level of English proficiency desirable;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects;
- Ability to analyze budget line items for compliance with budget guidelines;
- Willingness to travel throughout West Africa; and
- Existing work authorization in Ghana, Chad, Mauritania, Niger, or Burkina Faso.
Candidates in Ghana, Chad, Mauritania, Niger and Burkina Faso are strongly encouraged to apply.