Based in Dili, Timor-Leste
Full-time position for 1 year, with possibility of extension
The Australia Timor-Leste Partnership for Human Development (PHD) supports the Government of Timor-Leste’s Strategic Development Plan 2011-2030 and reflects Australia’s commitment to work in partnership with Timor-Leste to invest in improved wellbeing for Timor-Leste’s people. PHD aims to deliver lasting impact on the program goal: ‘people in Timor-Leste are healthier, better-educated and better able to contribute to Timor-Leste’s development’. Through PHD, Australia supports the Timor-Leste government to deliver higher quality and inclusive services in primary health, basic education and social assistance.
The Grants and Procurement Manager is a pivotal management position, reporting to the Operations Director, responsible for leading and managing all aspects of procurement and grants activities and providing strategic guidance on these issues, for PHD. This key role will
- Oversee management and operations of the Grants Team and the Procurement Team and their respective functions and activities, aligned with Commonwealth Grants Guidelines and in accordance with Abt Associates policies and procedures
- Provide leadership, guidance, oversight and training on grant / financial management and general procurement and subcontract administration, including quality assuring
- Ensure the delivery of services with a strong focus on appropriate controls and value for money during the grant/procurement lifecycle, together with high level of customer service internally and externally
- Identify and manage high risks in these areas and develop strategies to maximise vfm in procurement processes
- Build awareness and skills of technical teams and local grant partners in meeting relevant business processes and compliance requirements
- Lead in the mentoring and capacity development of the grants and procurement team
- Strategically manage relationships with all major stakeholders internally and externally including technical teams, Abt Associates counterparts, primary suppliers and grant partners
Further information in regards to this opportunity can be found from the Careers page of Abt Associates website at http://www.abtassociates.com.au/careers/job-search/
It is preferred that all applications should be submitted online via the Careers page listed above.
All applications to include a current CV, cover letter and a response to the key selection criteria. We welcome all applications, however due to the high volume of applications received, we regret that only shortlisted candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Closing date: Sunday 29 March 2020 (midnight AEST)
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.