- Ensuring all agreements comply with donor rules and regulations including the Uniform Guidance at 2 CFR 200.
- Drafting and executing subaward agreements and service agreement contracts to comply with donor rules and regulations.
- Ensuring all subawards and contracts contain the necessary provisions and performance metrics that project teams need to effectively manage our subrecipients and contractors.
- Serving as principal point of contact for field and headquarters staff on compliance inquiries.
- Reviewing new contracts, grants, and cooperative agreements for accuracy.
- Configuring and maintaining the awards management system database as one of four super users and training colleagues to use it.
- Training operational and technical staff on compliance requirements.
- Defining the processes our field-based projects use to issue grants and purchase goods and services. Refining these business processes to deliver best value and maximize impact.
- Collaborating with field-based project teams to draft subaward agreements and service contracts.
- Communicating with donors on compliance matters and providing timely and accurate reporting.
- Submitting notifications and approval requests to our donors to comply with agreement requirements, such as for additional obligated funds and approval of key personnel.
- Creating contract templates based on donor award requirements.
- Providing guidance on subaward and contract closeouts.
- Providing periodic new business development and project management support.
- Maintaining audit-ready records.
- Up to 5% domestic and international travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience to include at least 2 years of grants or contract management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to effectively convey meaning cross-culturally
- Demonstrated sound judgment in interpreting relevant requirements and company policies to make effective decisions
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong orientation for attention to detail and accurate recordkeeping
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with global colleagues and partners in multi-country and multi-language settings
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Confidence in the use of online contract management software along with a willingness to learn other office systems
- Proven project management skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Desire to adjust quickly to changes in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Excellent English language writing skills
- Prior experience with USAID, USDA or international development programming and practices
- Experience working on a US government funded contract
- Experience working with a computer-based grants management system
About the Organization
Land O'Lakes Venture37 is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening agriculture from farm-to-fork, helping businesses grow, and linking farmers to markets. Since our start in 1981, we have been leveraging nearly 100 years of expertise in dairy, animal nutrition, crop inputs and agricultural insights from our close affiliate, Land O’Lakes, Inc., a farmer-owned agribusiness committed to fulfilling its purpose of feeding human progress.
Our team is made up of nearly 350 employees who are committed to market-led approaches, and passionate about collaborating locally to create lasting inclusive economic growth. By unlocking the potential of agriculture for the last 36 years, the lives of more than 3 million people have been transformed through nearly 300 programs in more than 80 countries.