Creative Associates seeks a Grants Assistant for a short-term engagement to support a grants program in Ethiopia. The Grants Assistant will work with the Deputy Regional Team Lead and the Regional Program Officer in the oversight of all grants activities, including ensuring efficient and proper controls for USAID grant compliance and reporting; coordinating training and grants administration with NGOs grantees; and review and submission of financial reports as required for each grant.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Grants Assistant will report to the Deputy Regional Team Lead.
- Review sub-grantees’ liquidation and financial reports and provide summaries to the project’s Grants Manager on a monthly basis;
- Implement procedures and templates to be used for formulating, negotiating, executing, monitoring, and closing grants according to USAID regulations and the project’s Grants Manual;
- Monitor grantee to ensure compliance with USAID regulations, Grants Manual and the content of sub-agreement;
- Maintain grant files and ensure that they remain up to date;
- Support project audits, grantor’s audit, or monitoring visits.
- Enter and maintain Creative’s grant’s database; and
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- High school diploma is required, Bachelor’s Degree or professional accounting/financial qualification is preferred;
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in grant management, including disbursements and reporting and four (4) years of general experience;
- Demonstrated experience in financial administration, budget and cost control management is essential;
- Knowledgeable about USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred;
- Excellent record keeping, and documentation skills are required;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in English and Amharic required; and
- Must be legally authorized to work in Ethiopia.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
About the OrganizationCreative Associates International (Creative) is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm has field presence in 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.