Job Title: Program Manager II – Grants Compliance and Organizational Capacity Strengthening Director
Region / Country Program: EARO/Uganda
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports To: Chief of Party
The Sustainable Outcomes for Children and Youth Program is designed to improve the health, nutrition, education and psychosocial wellbeing of orphaned and vulnerable children, as well as reduce abuse, exploitation and neglect among this population.
Soon entering its 5th year, SOCY will benefit from a cost extension. In line with CRS history and Vision2030 strategy, upon request of the donor, the program is also investing in organizational capacity strengthening of the local implementing partners and preparing them for potential USAID prime recipient role.
The program is implemented by Catholic Relief Services (CRS) in partnership with a consortium of Ugandan and international organizations.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is looking for a Grants Compliance and Organizational Capacity Strengthening Director who will dedicate approximately half his/her level of effort on overseeing all financial and grants compliance matters within the project, including managing the project budget, generating financial reports (including donor reports), tracking expenses, overseeing the administration of sub-awards, managing grants and compliance staff at the Kampala office. The second core responsibility of the position is to mentor of sub-awardees, supporting their staff in district offices and focusing on compliance policies, trainings, organizational structure, and quality control on grants compliance matters. This includes leading program efforts coordinating with different financial and operations staff in financial and organizational capacity assessments of local partners, developing specific capacity strengthening plans, in close collaboration with the partners tailor made policies and procedures, bringing them closer to prime readiness.
Agency – wide competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibility: Leads the Finance and Operations Project Team
* MBA or Master’s degree from an accredited university in business administration, finance, accounting is preferred
* At least 8 years of relevant experience managing the finances and operations of a project this size and at least five years overseeing sub-grants comparable to those under this award;
* Demonstrated experience building local partner capacity in grants compliance and organizational competencies
* Demonstrated exemplary diplomatic, management, communication, and interpersonal skills;
* Knowledge of regulatory, contractual, legal, and financial compliance requirements associated with USAID funding;
* Demonstrated experience in managing donor funded procurements and subcontracts/grants;
* Diverse background in operations including thorough understanding of the operational constraints of local NGOs. Strong understanding of finance, administration, procurement and supply chain, human resources, information technology, and business processes;
* Five years of experience working in a developing country, preferred experience working in complex and fluid operating environments;
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
About the Organization
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS's Agriculture and Livelihoods team supports farming communities using our Pathway to Prosperity approach, which enables rural families to increase their productivity within sustainable landscapes, achieve a living income and build more resilient communities.