Requisition ID: req2000
Job Title: Grants Coordinator
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
The humanitarian situation in Libya has deteriorated since the 2014 civil war. According to the United Nations 2018 Humanitarian Needs Overview, 1.1 million people require lifesaving humanitarian assistance and protection, including an estimated 170,000 internally displaced persons (IDPs), 401,000 migrants, refugees and asylum seekers, and 376,000 vulnerable host community. In September 2016, the IRC launched an emergency program in Misrata, Libya that provided medical care, medicines, and medical supplies in hospitals and primary health care centers (PHCCs). Since then, the IRC has expanded its programming to also include the provision of GBV prevention and response services and protection monitoring. The IRC’s programming has also been further expanded to Sirte and Tripoli. The IRC envisages a humanitarian program in Libya targeting refugees, migrants and other war affected populations, with interventions designed to save lives and relieve humanitarian s
uffering, with a focus on health care and protection services.
The Grants Coordinator will be based in either Tunis, Tunisia, with frequent travel to Libya. The Grants Coordinator is the Libya country program focal point for proposal development, donor reporting, grants information management and grants management capacity-building efforts. The Grants Coordinator also supports programmatic and budgetary monitoring, compliance with donors and internal IRC rules and regulations.
The Grants Coordinator shall:
* Support the Deputy Director Programs and Country Director in searching new funding opportunities, maintaining good relations with current donors and updating the Fundraising Plan.
* Lead the development of proposals for submission to donors in coordination with program leads and the finance and operations teams. Including:
- Analyzing requests for proposals
- Organizing and managing the use of timelines, templates and guidelines for proposals
- Organizing proposal development meetings
- Assisting with aligning proposal logical frameworks with the Outcomes and Evidence Framework
- Liaising with programs and finance staff regarding proposal writing and budgeting
- Writing or compiling and managing review of proposals
- Consolidating budget inputs and linking to the donor format for onward review by the Finance Controller and Regional Finance Controller
- Packaging proposals for submission
* Lead day-to-day aspects of donor reporting processes to ensure the timely submission of accurate programmatic reports, and coordinate with the finance department to ensure timely submission of budget modification requests and financial reports. This includes tracking and disseminating reporting schedules and templates, as well as, reviewing and submitting reports to donor.
* Assist the Deputy Director Programs in ensuring proper M&E of on-going projects, including the development of indicator tracking sheets and donor and internal reporting.
* Lead management of the online Budget vs. Actual system in line with country office procedures. This includes managing monthly BvA tracking, meetings and action points.
* Ensure quality information management through regular maintenance of grant files, reporting calendars, timely submission and updating of internal IRC documentation and other Grant Unit tools, including coordination and preparation of documents and files for internal and external audits.
* Monitor and facilitate compliance of programs with donor and IRC requirements and raise issues affecting external/internal compliance.
* Assist in preparing, reviewing and modifying memoranda of understanding and grant agreements.
* Lead in the organization, preparation and follow-up of grants operations meetings. Including the management and ongoing revision of salary/operations mapping tools and spending plans.
* Build grant management capacity of field staff by facilitating trainings and providing one-on-one follow up support in report writing, proposal development and other related topics.
* Responding to donor, auditor and external requests as needed.
* Support the realization of key grants-related milestones and activities within the Libya Strategy Action Plan.
* Undertake other key grants management, program development, monitoring and evaluation, communications and external relations activities as requested.
* Enhance the country office profile by maintaining country wide and sectoral fact sheets, updating the Libya page on IRC website, providing relevant information for dissemination to donors, regional office, HQ and others, as necessary and requested.
* Map potential local organization partnerships and oversee the development and management of sub-awards per the IRC’s Sub-Award Partnership Management System.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
* Position Reports to: Deputy Director of Programs
* Position directly supervises: N/A
* Indirect Reporting: N/A
* Other Internal and/or external contacts:
* Internal: HQ and Regional grants/compliance teams, Program Coordinators, field coordinators, finance department, HR Lead
* External: In-country donor counterparts
* Bachelor’s degree in international development/affairs, public administration, or related subject; Master’s degree preferred
* At least three years’ experience working with international non-governmental organizations in the area of program development, grants management, and/or project management
* Demonstrated successful experience developing projects, writing proposals, and developing budgets for US, United Nations, European and private donors
* Demonstrable understanding of project planning and management cycles, and strong program design skills
* Prior grants management experience and familiarity with USG (USAID/OFDA), European (DFID, EUTF, DG NEAR, SIDA), and UN (UNHCR) donor regulations, procedures and requirements
* Familiarity with international standards for key program areas (Sphere standards, health, protection, and gender-based violence)
* Demonstrable high-level performance management and team-working skills; well-developed negotiation skills and ability to communicate effectively in internal and external settings
* Demonstrable ability to work, communicate and build effective relations remotely
* Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
* Familiarity with budgeting using MS Excel
* Able to work well both within a team and independently, in a challenging and fast-moving multicultural environment.
* Ability to prioritize high volumes of work to meet tight deadlines
* Ability to work well under unstable security, administrative, and programmatic pressures
* Highly organized, close attention to detail, and ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a fluid environment
* Familiarity with international IRC systems and processes preferred
* Experience in the region preferred
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.
Location(s): Libya - - Tripoli, Libya or Tunis, Tunisia