The ideal candidate for this position will possess knowledge of grants management laws, regulations and policies, with an understanding of business and industry grant practices. This position starts at a salary of $93,587 (GS-12). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Grants Management Division team within FEMA.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee’s official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will In this position, you will serve as a Grants Management Specialist within a region of FEMA performing work that involves implementing and managing federal grants and cooperative agreements (CA) and providing related technical assistance and services. Typical assignments include:
- Analyzing information to identify issues, weigh alternatives, and determine best approaches for resolution of complex problems or issues related to grants and/or cooperative agreements.
- Reviewing and processing requests for amendments, extensions, changes and funding awards and/or de-obligations.
- Conduct monitoring through onsite or desk reviews to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the grant agreement and applicable federal regulations.
- Serving as a regional liaison with external customers and grant recipients to clarify, interpret, and resolve questions or complex issues.
- Preparing comprehensive reports reflecting monitoring activities and results.
25% or less - Travel is required 25% or less of the time.
About the Organization
Federal Emergency Management Agency's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from and mitigate all hazards.