Summary of Position:
IREX seeks qualified Grants Manager candidates for an anticipated three-year USAID-funded program to strengthen Sri Lankan efforts to advance social cohesion and reconciliation. To achieve that purpose, SCORE will seek to: 1) promote a cohesive Sri Lankan identity through governmental and non-governmental initiatives; 2) reduce socio-economic disparities by supporting sustainable economic development and service delivery among marginalized and conflict affected communities and populations; and 3) enhance community resilience through psychosocial support and capacity building of women and youth as peace leaders in Sri Lanka.
Citizens/residents of Sri Lanka are highly encouraged to apply. This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Oversee the grant-making process from start to finish and lead the grants team, and supervise their day-to-day operations; ensure effective coordination with other program and finance staff
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date grants manual for the program
- Ensure sub-grants are implemented as per program objectives, design and USAID sub-grant regulations
- Develop RFAs, evaluate applications, and help select awardees
- Negotiate with potential awardees and finalize agreements
- Monitor grantee performance and provide training and technical assistance to grantees on USAID regulations, financial management and reporting
- Supervise the grant team’s review of financial and program reports, as well as documentation to ensure that grantees meet both IREX and USAID regulations and protocols
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- At least five years of experience in grants management, including experience in grants design, negotiation, and administration of civil society related grants
- Thorough knowledge of and experience regarding grants administration, contracting, and procurement regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or a related field
- Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills
- Experience working with civil society organizations and international donors
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Fluency in English and either Tamil or Sinhalese required (both Tamil or Sinhalese preferred)
Go to https://www.irex.org/careers?p=job%2Fo3oi6fwz to visit our website and submit your CV for consideration. Please do NOT apply if you do not meet all of the required qualifications.
About the Organization
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $80 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.