Brief Project Overview:
The USAID Rwanda Nguriza Nshore Activity seeks to encourage the creation and growth of productive off-farm small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that add value to agricultural commodities, such as firms that provide storage, processing, transportation, or leasing of farm implements. This activity will support these SMEs by strengthening their capacity to access finance, catalyzing a vibrant business development service sector, and removing barriers to investment and finance for banks, microfinance institutions, and private investors interested in working with these SMEs.
Ideal Candidate’s Qualifications
- Minimum of Bachelors’ degree required in Finance, Accounting, or related field of study; Master’s preferred
- At least 10 years of experience in grants implementation, management of grantees, accounting, project accounting, or finance;
- Strong verbal and written skills in English are required; Knowledge of Kinyarwanda and/or French is an asset;
- Management experience is strongly preferred;
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded programs required
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
Women and Rwandan nationals strongly encouraged to apply. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.
About the Organization
CNFA is a not-for-profit organization based in Washington, D.C., dedicated to stimulating economic growth in the agricultural sector by nurturing entrepreneurship, private enterprise and market linkages. CNFA specializes in fostering private sector investments in training, new technologies and marketing as a means to increase the overall competitiveness of agricultural value chains, to expand exports, and to develop skills in the rural workforce. CNFA assists smallholders in increasing household-level food security and nutrition through improved agricultural practices, introduction of new varieties, diversification of crop production, food preservation and storage, development of farmer-based organizations (FBOs) and strengthened linkages to markets.